BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Yeah, from the picture it looks to be the size of the DF Leviathan.. While I think it's a great model I really can't justify buying it when I can simply drop $15 or whatever on a thermal cannon equivelant arm. Very nice model though.. I sincerely hope GW is on the start of a great trend that leads to more of this sort of thing.

EDIT:
    I also presume Micro Art Studio and Blightwheel will be selling quite a few Ad Mech models in the next few weeks.

If someone asked me which model I would prefer to paint and have on my shelf - the new knight or a Warhound titan, then judging solely by the look of the design and painting/modeling potential I would go with the new Knights.

These kits really look fantastic. The merging of the gothic, SF-knight aesthetics with the frame of a mech, makes those models look more "40k medieval techno contraption" than any of the FW titans. The possibility of playing with all the designs of icons and heraldry make me giddy. Instant buy.

By the way, there are some incredible details in all the iconography, symbols and heraldry painted all over this model (the red mechanicum variant, also has some very intricate design on it's shield). I wonder if those, will be part of the kit in form of a transfer sheet decals, or is it all just 'Eavy Metal skill and steady hand?
    Last edited by Proteus; 02-14-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Scout

I wonder if they will have rules for Chaos versions?

Regardless, the model is just gorgeous! The detail and the bits it will offer will be fantastic. I have a list of models that I will collect just because they are fantastic models. This kit will certainly be added to that list.

Tom

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrningHalo View Post
    I wonder if they will have rules for Chaos versions?

Regardless, the model is just gorgeous! The detail and the bits it will offer will be fantastic. I have a list of models that I will collect just because they are fantastic models. This kit will certainly be added to that list.

Tom
    Sources seem to indicate that you can add them to any codex, either because they are seconded through the Adeptus Titanicus or because a sufficient number of Knight Worlds (as they call the worlds that produce these bad boys) have gone off on their own that they can be hired as mercenaries.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Balanced for 30k, not 40k. I believe that GW has been very specific that 30k and 40k are not balanced against each other.
    Well yes and no. I say this only because so many of the 30K models are now also "40K Approved".

I'll take three.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'll be taking 3 also. Now to begin creating heraldry for my new Knight World House

Oh yes please! Finally a bit of punch for my Dark Angels!

Yes yes yes yes yes ad infinitum.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'll take enough for a 1500pt army :P

I wonder how many Knight armies there will be at the next Throne of Skulls
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast