BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    so still no word on actually WHO can take these things as allies and WHAT level they are?
    I'm not sure what you mean by level? Do you mean FOC slot? They don't take up a slot, and a single Knight can form an allied detachment, or up to 6 can form a primary detachment and you then need to nominate one as Warlord. It was specified that they are not a Lord of War choice. There have been references to allying with Imperial armies, so I assume all Imperial armies can ally with them and no one else.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I mean, desperate, convenience or battle brothers. HUGE differences in their effect.

aas to who gets the,. thats completely up in the air, I'm not dropping moeny on one until I know if I can use it in an army
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    You are an Imperial Guard player if memory serves?

Ask yourself this question; what is the difference in damage output between an Imperial Knight and a Wraithknight in close combat against your army, factoring in the points difference? You will find that a Destroyer melee weapon is nowhere near as much of a balance issue as a Destroyer ranged weapon, especially when it comes on a 370+ point model.

If it had something like 8 attacks, then I might agree. The Knight however only has three attacks or four on the charge, and its Weapon Skill and Initiative are average. It will be a pain for solo characters (how often do you see those though?) and monstrous creatures mostly. Auto-exploding vehicles might seem unbalanced, but any decent combat monstrous creature will basically do the same thing in one round anyway.
    I am indeed an IG player. Whatever it is the legal department at GW decides to force a name onto the new codex, they'll always be IG to me.

I'd much rather be facing a Wraithknight than a Knight in close combat. A Destroyer weapon, even melee, is just so powerful. I did a test yesterday, running a Knight against a Leman Russ squadron, and each time the Knight was able to get across the board and into cc without any damage to it (ran the experiment eight times) except for one round when Pask and his Vanquisher managed to put a round though the Ion Shield and get a 5 on the Damage roll. But each time that thing got into close combat, the Destroyer weapon wiped out, usually always, 2/3s of the squad and finished off the last in the next round.

I've fought wraithknights and never had that much trouble.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chaplain

Is it just me or does it seem that one would be money ahead to not only magnetize the arm but also the carapace, just in case the GW releases an Warren spure? I.E. Heavy/ mega bolters or Punisher cannon arms and a missile rack or demolisher cannon back. Heck give it skyfire and fliers wouldn't be any trouble.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

does the same to carnifexes, or any nid MC
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    I am indeed an IG player. Whatever it is the legal department at GW decides to force a name onto the new codex, they'll always be IG to me.

I'd much rather be facing a Wraithknight than a Knight in close combat. A Destroyer weapon, even melee, is just so powerful. I did a test yesterday, running a Knight against a Leman Russ squadron, and each time the Knight was able to get across the board and into cc without any damage to it (ran the experiment eight times) except for one round when Pask and his Vanquisher managed to put a round though the Ion Shield and get a 5 on the Damage roll. But each time that thing got into close combat, the Destroyer weapon wiped out, usually always, 2/3s of the squad and finished off the last in the next round.

Your math proves that an Imperial Knight is +130-135 points more than a Wraithknight and kills on average one more Leman Russ per turn. I honestly don't see the problem.
    Last edited by Learn2Eel; 02-23-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by YourSwordisMine View Post
    That makes me happy too! I'm trying to decide if I want to paint mine Dark Angels green or Deathwing Bone...

I think either would look pretty awesome.
    I'm thinking of doing one in blue and another in red. I *wish* I could do one in DA green but I wanna be able to flit these guys between my Black Templars and Dark Angels and still fit in with both so it's a neutral colour scheme for me

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post

Your Ion Shield rolls must've been fantastic! I fail +4 rolls like it's going out of style, that's why power-armour is so appealling...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tomgar View Post
    I'm thinking of doing one in blue and another in red. I *wish* I could do one in DA green but I wanna be able to flit these guys between my Black Templars and Dark Angels and still fit in with both so it's a neutral colour scheme for me
    Ah, well. I only play Dark Angels so I don't have that problem!

Though, I hope we get one for Chaos at some point... My Crimson Slaughter Warband would love to have one!

I'm probably going to go with DA green as I am a better painter of greens. My Deathwing has been a pain to paint...

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mud Duck View Post
    Is it just me or does it seem that one would be money ahead to not only magnetize the arm but also the carapace, just in case the GW releases an Warren spure? I.E. Heavy/ mega bolters or Punisher cannon arms and a missile rack or demolisher cannon back. Heck give it skyfire and fliers wouldn't be any trouble.
    I'll definitely be magnetizing both of the ones I'll be assembling (one for me, one for friend). I hadn't thought about doing the top carapace though. I will keep that in mind when it comes to building them. thanks.

Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast