BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Looks good to me.

Chaos players do not fret. I'm sure we'll see hellknights soon enough, and they will be awesomer because they won't just be "Imperial Knights with spikes on." You will love them. I'm almost certain.
    Yeah faster and more shooty.

IF they do do Slaanesh Knights will we also see either in Plastic/FW Resin Doomwings/Firelords and Plague Towers/Catapults?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Yeah faster and more shooty.

IF they do do Slaanesh Knights will we also see either in Plastic/FW Resin Doomwings/Firelords and Plague Towers/Catapults?
    We already have Doomwings- the Baledrake is just a genericized version of it. I'd hope for a silver tower, similar in size to say the Tesseract vault.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    sorry chess isn't balanced, your logic fallacy is a fallacy
    You are right I totally hate it how black has 3 queens and white only has to use pawns and knights.

edit: Actually what are you even trying to say? you've used the cliche internet tough guy response to a request for "balance" but you've used it in reference to the concept of equality, are you really trying to suggest that the idea, that the armies get equal and fair treatment is somehow something to be disdained? REALLY?
    I'm saying if you want your wardollies to have the same set of toys in all the different armies Warhammer is not the game for you. Maybe historical gaming say Napolionics?

"And what does ' equal and fair treatment' even mean in this context? Equal Rights for Gretchin and White Shields? Equal pay for Soritas?

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    I think he's saying that if you want both sides to have identical and equal armies, Chess is the game. In 40k, different armies have different units. So Chaos has the Lord of Skulls; the Imperials have Imperial Knights. Chaos have daemon engines and helldrakes; Space Marines have a different range of vehicles.
    Yeah I thought that was self evident. Different Armies have different things.

Additionally I think he misunderstands what Allies are for, they aren't to make the armies out there more alike but to give more options and make them less alike. Also the combinations are based on the background.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    We already have Doomwings- the Baledrake is just a genericized version of it. I'd hope for a silver tower, similar in size to say the Tesseract vault.
    Yeah I'm planning on converting up some Doomwings out of the Helldrake and the Pheonix kit as soon as I can work out where to get the right sized bird skull.

Also Fire Lord as a Super Heavy then.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Additionally I think he misunderstands what Allies are for, they aren't to make the armies out there more alike but to give more options and make them less alike. Also the combinations are based on the background.
    Or a more cynical person might think they were re-introduced to sell more kits ;-)
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by The Imperial Fist View Post
    Or a more cynical person might think they were re-introduced to sell more kits ;-)
    Well that to.

makes it easir for folks who already play to start a new army...

On the Topic of Allies I'm a bit disappointed/supprised that Inquisitors aren't listed.

Not even mentioned in the Come the Apocalypse list. Neither are Legion of the Damned

Which means

a) Rumour is bunk
    b) Rumour Monger only got a glance at the table.
    c) GW dropped the ball and it will be FAQed.

First-Captain

On the Topic of Allies I'm a bit disappointed/supprised that Inquisitors aren't listed.

Not even mentioned in the Come the Apocalypse list. Neither are Legion of the Damned

Which means

a) Rumour is bunk
    b) Rumour Monger only got a glance at the table.
    c) GW dropped the ball and it will be FAQed.
    with all three being equally likely, with maybe a slight advantage for c)
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Because IMPERIAL guard aren't allied to chaos to represent chaos guard...right? Go back to sniffing that plastic crack please
    Or maybe GW has plans for a Chaos kit, and chaos knight rules will come out when it does?

In the meantime, if a friend wanted to use these rules for a chaos knight in a friendly game, I'd allow it. Play how you want, you don't really need to pay that much attention to what is "official".

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Or maybe GW has plans for a Chaos kit, and chaos knight rules will come out when it does?

In the meantime, if a friend wanted to use these rules for a chaos knight in a friendly game, I'd allow it. Play how you want, you don't really need to pay that much attention to what is "official".
    GW has said so many times that you should make the game what you enjoy, so if you want to use Knights in your Chaos army, make sure your opponent is cool with it and go to town, the fact that half the community ****s itself at the very thought of acting like grown ups when playing with space barbies is the problem

Chaplain

I don´t like that I have to buy a "codex" for a single "miniature" and i decided that i´ll NOT buy it. But I allready have preordered a knight, because i love this thing and always hoped that they bring us one. That they have done! So it will allie with my (chaos)guard and they will allie with my csm and voila a chaos knigth - did that count?
    Peace through superior Firepower!

Page 59 of 78 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast