BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    People at the store have claimed that my list is beardy. I don't know really how. I'm not spamming a single unit (two Wraithlords maybe). I've got a fluffy list and I'm not using the supplement that makes them broken to do it.

I'm not using a single farseer. Only one wave serpent. I'm using the flyer that supposedly stinks... so yeah....

As for superheavies not being able to fire overwatch... I might have missed it somewhere but super heavy walkers follow the normal rules for walkers except for what their special rules allow... They cannot snap fire their battlecannon or melta blaster but they can snap fire their heavy stubbers IMO.
    Dont see the list as beardy. It just happens to be very good vs Knights as nearly no unit is wasted. A knight + IG list is probably an auto win against my Dark Eldar.
    MY escalation rulebook says no Overwatch for superheavy walkers, maybe knights have a special rule to this.
    Last edited by Charon; 03-06-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Dont see the list as beardy. It just happens to be very good vs Knights as nearly no unit is wasted. A knight + IG list is probably an auto win to my Dark Eldar.
    MY escalation rulebook says no Overwatch for superheavy walkers, maybe knights have a special rule to this.
    Ahh ok I didn't know they had that rule... Good to know although my SHW's are crying a little inside. It was inconsequential to the game outcome.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Courtesy of DAKKA

Wow not much to be summerized. Lots of filler images, lots of big print. Total of 6 pages of rules including the super heavy walker rules.

The knight detachment is separate from allies 1-3 can be taken, Do not score

Cannot ally with Chaos, Daemons, Crons, Orks or Nids.

Allies of convenience with Eldar and Grey Knights

Desperate allies with Dark Eldar and Tau

Imperial Knight Armies
    These rules are for the primary detachment of knights:
    Knights are scoring and one is the warlord.

Knightly ranks
    "Players that want to include knights apparent or seneschals in their games must roll a dice for each of their knights errant or knights paladin (other then the warlord) at the same time as warlord traits and refer the knightly rank table below to see what the rank that knight has"
    1: Knight apparent. Subtract 1 from the knights Ws and Bs. in addition a apparents ion shield confers a 5+ invulnerable save instead of the normal 4+
    2-5: Knight. Standard rules
    6: Seneschal. Add 1 to the knights Ws and Bs. In addition a knight seneschals ion shield confers a 3+ invulnerable save insteaf of the normal 4+

Warlord table:
    The warlord is always a Seneschal
    1. Master of the Hunt: All friendly knights in 12" add +1 to run or charge range
    2. Fearsome Reputation: Enemy units within 12" of the warlord use the lowest leadership value
    3. Master of the Joust: The Knight warlord rerolls failed to hit rolls in any assault phase in which he successfully charges into close combat
    4. Master of the Field: The Warlord up to D3 friendly knights have outflank
    5: Master of Siege: The warlord and all friendly knights add +1 to rolls they make on the building damage table
    6: Indomitable: The warlord has "It will not die"

That's it. Not much to this book. Scary 3++ warlord
    and remember kids, **** Chaos!
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant

Back by popular demand, its the worlds smallest violin player

Name:  nopity.gif
Views: 2455
Size:  1.3 KB
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 03-07-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    When I was younger, they all laughed at me when I told them I wanted to be a comedian - they're not laughing now!

Thanks for the batrep!

That sounds like a pretty scary Warlord traits table; particularly giving a knight "Will Not Die" or the lowest leadership value, that'll cause havoc with horde armies.

Thats was pretty much one of the hardest lists for a knight to face and still it doesnt sound too one-sided. Im not even sure if I can field that many heavy weapons needed to even scratch a knight...

I dont know if the knight is different but superheavies cant fire overwatch.
    From what I followed of it (not being familiar with Eldar) I'd agree, and not what I'd have called tabled. It'd have no doubt tabled my 2K IG army though, and sounds like the Knight Army would have too, and would have won that game pretty easily if it'd been played more aggressively.
    Last edited by Herzlos; 03-07-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Herzlos View Post
    Thanks for the batrep!

That sounds like a pretty scary Warlord traits table; particularly giving a knight "Will Not Die" or the lowest leadership value, that'll cause havoc with horde armies.

From what I followed of it (not being familiar with Eldar) I'd agree, and not what I'd have called tabled. It'd have no doubt tabled my 2K IG army though, and sounds like the Knight Army would have too, and would have won that game pretty easily if it'd been played more aggressively.
    Not sure why my list was so difficult for the knight/SM list. If he had charged at me instead of sitting back then he would have wiped me off the board IMO. His Str8 and 9 blasts negate my high toughness on my WG models and the grav gun cents, had it not been due to night fight, would have killed my WK right off the bat.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Nothing my Lord of skulls can't handle

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Courtesy of DAKKA

and remember kids, **** Chaos!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosTacos View Post
    Nothing my Lord of skulls can't handle
    Oh, but the Lord of Skulls would give the opposing player +1 to Seize Initiative, and an Escalation Warlord Traits chart if they want, and they get 1 VP per 3 HP they knock off, whereas you only get 1 VP if you've killed a Knight completely (or none at all if they're taken as Allies).

Isn't it awesome to have to deal with the limitations of Escalation when two months later they make those limitations completely moot?

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Not sure why my list was so difficult for the knight/SM list. If he had charged at me instead of sitting back then he would have wiped me off the board IMO. His Str8 and 9 blasts negate my high toughness on my WG models and the grav gun cents, had it not been due to night fight, would have killed my WK right off the bat.
    Mainly because you waste a minimum of shots and even if you lose units you still retain the ability to damage the knights.
    The moment my DE lose one or two Ravager the army completely loses the ability to even scratch the Knights while your Wraith army still sits on plenty S10 weapons and the warp rift special rule.
    I can think of a few Eldar lists which can deal with knights + allies or Knights only effectivly but I have a hard time getting my head around a DE army that can deal with the knights while not beeing helpless against the SM.

Chaplain

Mainly because you waste a minimum of shots and even if you lose units you still retain the ability to damage the knights.
    The moment my DE lose one or two Ravager the army completely loses the ability to even scratch the Knights while your Wraith army still sits on plenty S10 weapons and the warp rift special rule.
    I can think of a few Eldar lists which can deal with knights + allies or Knights only effectivly but I have a hard time getting my head around a DE army that can deal with the knights while not beeing helpless against the SM.
    Take flyers instead of Ravagers. The Knights can't even barely shoot at them.

Page 68 of 78 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast