BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chaplain

How soon until they errata to include the Rule "Aid From Beyond" (All units from the Legion of the Damned detachment arrive from Reserve at the start of the Legion of the Damned player’s Turn 1. These units must enter play via Deep Strike as normal.) to one or more units in a Legion of the Damned primary detachment?

Its the only rule in the rules appendix that doesn't have an entry anywhere else in the book that I saw, and seems like they obviously made an oversight of not including it as a part of the primary detachment description to actually make a LotD only force playable.

Note the Mission 1 Echos of War mission which reads Aid Unlooked For which has same rules description but different name.

Sorry to be the one who starts the rain, but I was expecting there to be a bit more to this than and army of LOTD tactical squads and a handful of warlord traits and an artifact. Like Dreadnoughts, bikes, terminators ect.
    It would appear the fluff must be the main reason to get the codex. I'm sure you could take a normal space marine army as LOTD in 4th ed. There was a great army in the club display at games day. [URL="http://chaptermasters.com/todays-picture-legion-of-the-damned-army/"]http://chaptermasters.com/todays-picture-legion-of-the-damned-army/[/URL]
    Last edited by jonsgot; 03-03-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by urzaplanewalker View Post
    I just got mine. You can take a bunch of legion units as your primary deployment. However, for some weird reason, they still don't come in until turn 2. Which means that if you don't bring an ally, you auto-lose the game. O.o
    if you read the Glossery in the back there is a rule mentioned in another post, which answers this problem, but for some reason they have forgotten to include it in the main part of the book.

Aid From Beyond All units from the Legion of the Damned detachment arrive from Reserve at the start of the Legion of the Damned player’s Turn 1. These units must enter play via Deep Strike as normal.

Games Workshop Ltd. Codex: Legion of the Damned (Kindle Locations 783-785).
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    Sorry to be the one who starts the rain, but I was expecting there to be a bit more to this than and army of LOTD tactical squads and a handful of warlord traits and an artifact. Like Dreadnoughts, bikes, terminators ect.
    It would appear the fluff must be the main reason to get the codex. I'm sure you could take a normal space marine army as LOTD in 4th ed. There was a great army in the club display at games day. [URL="http://chaptermasters.com/todays-picture-legion-of-the-damned-army/"]http://chaptermasters.com/todays-picture-legion-of-the-damned-army/[/URL]

Thats from 2nd ed.

And Tanks dreads Bikes ect make no sense for LotD. Assault and Devies on the other hand...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    Thats from 2nd ed.

And Tanks dreads Bikes ect make no sense for LotD. Assault and Devies on the other hand...
    Forgive me because I don't know the fluff, but why does that make any less sense then them having power armor or working weapons?
    War Painting Services is a full service assembly and painting commission service. If you have a project you want done email me for quotes at: [email protected]

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by War Painter View Post
    Forgive me because I don't know the fluff, but why does that make any less sense then them having power armor or working weapons?
    I actually like the theory about them in the new codex that they're the Emperor's daemons rather than an actual flesh and blood Marines changed by the Warp. It does explain much.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Richardson View Post
    if you read the Glossery in the back there is a rule mentioned in another post, which answers this problem, but for some reason they have forgotten to include it in the main part of the book.
    This is a Mission Special Rule, not a LoD Special Rule.
    I : IX, I : XIV, II : DCLXVI

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    I actually like the theory about them in the new codex that they're the Emperor's daemons rather than an actual flesh and blood Marines changed by the Warp. It does explain much.
    I've always thought of Grey Knights as the Emperor's Cult Marines.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

If your primary detachment is LOTD and you play a game with escalation rules, just against even an Imperial Knight army whose squads are all super heavies, is there any Lords of War/Super heavies you can use since from memory Lords of War/Super heavies have to be from the same army/codex as the primary detachment of your army?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456