BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kirby View Post
    What is the point of pre-orders for a digital product?
    It's a marketing gimmick to get people excited about the upcoming release. The effectiveness of said gimmick is debatable.

"the option to include squads of Damned Legionnaires"

Am I the only one who felt like I would've gotten away with it if it wasn't for those damned legionnaires when they read this?

I was hoping this book would give the LotD proper HQs like captains and chaplains. I guess it will just be LotD squads xeepstriking in and being expensive.

Brother-Captain

All I can hear reading that preview

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    It was late, I didn't see the ambiguity in my second sentence. I meant would it print from a computer printer easily? I've never tried to print a e-book off of itunes before.
    Ah, possibly. Some of their ebooks have been little more than text on a page. But odds are it will have some background pictures and stuff that would burn a lot of ink.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Battle-Brother

Awesome!
    I am looking forward to the Legion of the Damned codex even more now

Anyone get it yet? Is it worth it? Are there actually new units and characters, or is it just, you can take the one unit as an army to itself?

I just got mine. You can take a bunch of legion units as your primary deployment. However, for some weird reason, they still don't come in until turn 2. Which means that if you don't bring an ally, you auto-lose the game. O.o

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by urzaplanewalker View Post
    I just got mine. You can take a bunch of legion units as your primary deployment. However, for some weird reason, they still don't come in until turn 2. Which means that if you don't bring an ally, you auto-lose the game. O.o
    .....Wait so no HQ choices?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

You convert a Sergeant to your warlord if it is your primary detachment. No HQs. I think that the idea is that you can (and should) take them as an ally because otherwise your warlord is 1W.

It's just squads. You nominate one squad's sergeant as your Warlord, and their Warlord Trait applies to the whole squad.

The thing with these supplemental codices is that they're not giving you extra miniatures, just new ways to use existing ones. At the moment, anyway.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast