BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    LotD was an odd choice for a codex, IMO. Just seems like Deathwatch would've been a lot more welcome and sensible. If we absolutely must have another C:SM supplement/codex, that is.
    LotD already have rules, so its a lot easier to make a codex for them, I'm sure Deathwatch will come, GW aren't going to miss out on oppurtunities to make money!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post

edit: Holy Moses! I just looked up Sergeant Centurius on eBay... I win!!!

no sir, you suck! send it my way and I'll give it the same treatment as those bases from xmas.

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    I think GW has misunderstood.

When we said we wanted legion rules we meant CHAOS legions, not loyalist variant number 347
    This made me chuckle.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

wonder if it has the animus malorum rules in it
    centurius was a total monster back in 2nd ed. but i dont know why people think its expensive if you were to have loads od LotD..... buy a box or two and convert the rest... the sergeants are both wicked (he has a skull, but no crozius or rosarius... so he aint a chaplain people, but he does make a nice one for normal marines), and flames and bones are really hard to greenstuff *end internet sarcasm mode*

i may grab this and knock up a centurius in modern parts so he's the right size

Librarian

Love the idea - the LotD is one of my favorite bits of 40K fiction, and it never made a ton of sense that they only showed up to help Marines, and even then limited themselves to aiding the poor ******* Chapters unlucky enough to not have their own Codex.

Really, despite the overall mess the game's in at the moment, I'm stupid happy that GW's publishing stand-alone books for cross-faction organizations like this.
    Last edited by Lexington; 02-18-2014 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lobster-overlord View Post
    no sir, you suck! send it my way and I'll give it the same treatment as those bases from xmas.
    Dear Lobster Overlord, if you are offering to base the good Sergeant in as awesome a manner as the pirates I got from you during the Christmas Exchange I may well take you up on that! I have gotten SO MANY compliments on those pirates! Cope
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Fly Lord

[URL="http://www.blacklibrary.com/games-workshop-digital-editions/Codex-Legion-of-the-Damned.html"]Legion of the Damned Codex [/URL]
    $16.99

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-101.jpg 
Views:	2630 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	7470
    Appearing from the shifting tides of the Warp, the Legion of the Damned are mysterious bone-adorned Space Marines who arrive unlooked for to aid the servants of the Imperium. No one knows for sure where they come from, but none can doubt the fury with which they fight, or the trail of dead foes they leave in their wake. Tormented by a ghostly past and afflicted by the very power that snatches them from one battlefield to the next, the Legion are truly cursed warriors who, perhaps, seek salvation through the carnage they visit upon the enemies of the Emperor.

About the Book:
    Codex: Legion of the Damned allows you to add Legion of the Damned squads into your Warhammer 40,000 army, or field them as a detachment in their own right. It includes extensive background on the mysterious Legion of the Damned, detailing the times they have appeared to fight alongside the armies of the God-Emperor. Also inside you will find rules for Legion of the Damned units, as well as three new missions, an artefact and Warlord Traits and, all unique to these legendary warriors.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-102.jpg 
Views:	3946 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	7471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-103.png 
Views:	2665 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	7472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-104.png 
Views:	2545 
Size:	396.5 KB 
ID:	7473Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-105.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	7474Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lotd-106.jpg 
Views:	2266 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	7475
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Veteran-Sergeant

One would think they could publish a dead tree version quite profitably for $15 or so. Maybe even a full-size codex for $50 with all of the IOM supplements included eventually.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tothe View Post
    One would think they could publish a dead tree version quite profitably for $15 or so.
    Why? Printing is expensive. From a business perspective, profit margins on a digital only are likely much better.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Why? Printing is expensive. From a business perspective, profit margins on a digital only are likely much better.
    'cause I'm a luddite, I do not own a tablet and see no point in buying one. Is this a thing that prints easily?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast