BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSnowyOwl View Post
    I guess I should say that, if the fluff is good it doesn't necessarily have to a be a chapter from the First Founding.
    From a fluff perspective Aurora Chapter(Ultramarine founding)(Green) and Minotaurs Chapter(FW specific Chapter Tactics)(Bronze/Gold), and the FFG invented Storm Warden Chapter(Unknown founding)(Sky Blue/Silver) all favor the armored cavalry method of warfare.

From a rules perspective Iron Hands offer a number of benefits to vehicle armies in the form of It Will Not Die giving them the means of restoring lost Hull Points.

Librarian

I base most of my army decisions on what I want to model and paint.
    But regarding Space Marines I chose to create my own chapter (painted bone and red).
    I only only get to paint them as I want, but as they are not a codex chapter I can use whichever codex I choose!
    Sometimes I use Dark Angels, currently I am using the Blood Angles codex.
    You can then also have custom characters that can use the rules of any codex character (as long as they have similar looking weapons/equipment)!
    You could even use Space Wolves (sans pelts) codex.
    Grey Knights would probably be the only codex a general custom chapter may not be able to use as their wargear is very different.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011