BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

"remove everyone hit"
    Well, technically if they were Str 10 AP1, the only change that would make to Infantry is to characters. Str D still 'only' wounds on a 2+.

Strength D is made strength 10 AP1 armourbane, fleshbane instant death and forces rerolls on successful invulnerable saves?
    Why not just lose Instant Death, but ignore Invulnerable Saves?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    then MCs could basically ignore StrD, which doesn't feel right to me... which brings me back to multiple wounds but no ID...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Scout

After playing a TON OF escalation and strong hold assault.... I have no problem at all with how things are currently. I haven't had a problem yet with a super heavy. Or crazy strong holds. As a Matter of fact... when you fire your opponents vortex missiles back at him.... its priceless.

then MCs could basically ignore StrD, which doesn't feel right to me... which brings me back to multiple wounds but no ID...
    But MC's themselves are dealt with by other things. I suppose you could make a rule that anything hit by a D weapon has to take a Toughness test or be removed from play? Some kind of variant on that: a slightly 'milder' form of Instant Death?
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

I was rather hoping to find a humourous picture of a man with a hat made of a fortress of redemption on top of which stands a forgeworld reaver titan.
    That would have been impressive.
    Carry on...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I think D-weapons would be easily balanced perhaps buy making them S10 Ap1 and then having a special rule whereby when a model suffers a wound from them (so after saves and LOS! and all that) it takes D3 wounds and/or hull point. means you still get all your defences, it doesn't by pass mechanics and works within the framework of the rules at large. Pretty much overcomes most of the major problems with D-weapons.

basically it practically means that models hit buy D-weapons suffer similar effects to swarms hit by blast markers.
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-16-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    I've always felt the ignoring invulns was a silly change personally, it's a save linked to something like a personal shield generator or the fact that you're an ethereal being made of the warp etc etc, that could easily account for it working against D.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I find it increadibly silly seeing as there is numerous background material where Invulnerable saves (or atleaast the things those saves reperesent) DO stop people from being killed by D-weapon equivalents. ie: titan steps on terminator, terminator gets up, brushes of building, ignores whole event.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

Just use the rule where the Lord of War cannot exceed 25% of your armies point cost and everything that could take a D weapon is only available in games over 1750 and typically only available in double FOC games, at those point totals its not impossible to take the units necessary to counteract them anyhow.

I don't really care if D weapons eliminate the rerollable invulnerable save deathstars, which can be just as broken, because Void Shields provided everyone an easy temporary counter to D weapons until they are removed.

Brother-Captain

1) Fortifications, as said in the OP, are really not an issue in regards to their rules. I would however wish to encourage an extra bonus VP chance, such as +1VP for destruction of enemy Fortification (So, Slay the Warlord, Linebreaker, First Blood, and Fortress Breaker). I also really want GW to give out some official specs for the dimensions of the Void Shield Generator.

2) Strength D is fine as it is, with the exception that it needs to be like it was in 5th when Invul saves worked just fine against them.

3) Super Heavies seem fine, but I also like the idea of a comp system or percentage to limit their use in anything @ 1.5k or below.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast