BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Tau Forgeworld Discrepancies

I've noticed a small paradox with the forgeworld update rules located here: [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/t/Tauupdate.pdf[/url] and what battlescribe puts down as options for Tau kit. Does anyone know who takes precedent?

7th Ed. for 40k already? Somebody hump the bunk?
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Battlescribe isn't the rules, it's third-party list building software. If there's a discrepancy, go with what the actual rules say.

I think that's Forgeworld's 5th edition Tau update. Hence the lack of Hull Points etc. Where'd you find it? Not listed on the FW Downloads page anymore.

Edit: Most of the Tau kit got its 6th edition update in the Taros Campaign: Second Edition, just a heads-up.

Chapter-Master

The actual rules are the only thing that matters. Battlescribe and army builder often make mistakes. Plus, with forgeworld, you need to make sure you have the latest version of the rules.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

The vehix updates are here from the FW page. [url]http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/v/vehicle6thupdates.pdf[/url] The only downpart here are there no special rules and no weapons stats. ie. Tau tetras listed in the FW "rules" page posted first, has high intensity markerlights as Heavy 4, whereas I've read elsewhere that high intensity markerlights from the "taros campaign" FW book lists them as Heavy 2 TL.

These kinds of rules discrepancies.
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

First-Captain

must current (i.e. Taros Campaign) counts, and that's pretty much that... why shouldn't they change stuff? they're not stubborn GW after all...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

it's just confusing is all... I'm sure we've all had someone walk into a game, plop something on the table, throw some rules down with the FW seal on it and say "See?! Dem's da rulz! I get 50 attacks on the charge with a 2+ invul!". Not to mention most people aren't going to spend as much as a college text book to get some FW Rules. Just saying.

Brother-Sergeant

I agree. It is very confusing trying to find the latest set of rules for any Forgeworld stuff. I even emailed Forgeworld a while ago to ask if they had a list of where there latest rules for any given model could be found, and they told me no they don't have such a list as "it would be too much work".

The latest rules for Tau are in the Taros Campaign 2nd Edition released last year. Those pdfs are not valid anymore. If you are using Battlescribe it has the latest rules with the list set built by Amadeusz.

Battle-Brother

Fwiw, I think the guy that built the Battlescribe file (the one on Randomhit anyway) runs a Tau forum & blog. Seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy and might help out with any issues.