BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    i player pointy ears - both ways and mixed ... must have watched to much star trek when younger ... and the other ugly green things...

the army i hate to play most is nidz...

they have so much nasty stuff that you have to control...

i think tau and csm are probably in better shape to deliver fire from out of harms way ...
    I guess I'm just the opposite. I also play Eldar/Dark Eldar and the only codex that scares me is Necrons. Tyranids just don't worry me. Opening turn would be to have the wave serpents try to bring down the Flyrants. If I bring them down, then focus on bringing down the next closest synapse creature while backing out of range of close combat. I have the speed advantage and better shooting at mid and close range. Every time I take down a synapse creature, I further disrupt the incoming charge and give myself another turn to stall them out. If they don't have synapse, they will have a harder time in holding objectives.

Truthfully, orks scare me more than tyranids. They have most of the strengths of the tyranid codex without the liability of IB.

Also one thing that did not help us get a real understanding of the new Tyranid book is that most people were still playing with fifth edition. I know that the biomancy crutch is hard to get over, but you have to start somewhere.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    I guess I'm just the opposite.
    Yeah, Eldar and DE absolutely wreck nids if you know what you're doing.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Yeah, Eldar and DE absolutely wreck nids if you know what you're doing.
    to be fair I don't think you need to know what your doing to much, shurikens and poison weapons just hard counter most tyranid advantages.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Also one thing that did not help us get a real understanding of the new Tyranid book is that most people were still playing with fifth edition. I know that the biomancy crutch is hard to get over, but you have to start somewhere.
    Come on FAQ!
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    to be fair I don't think you need to know what your doing to much, shurikens and poison weapons just hard counter most tyranid advantages.
    True, we do have an inherent advantage against tyranids. It's never an auto-win with Eldar or Dark Eldar though. I've seen waay too many people borrow my army and deploy as if they have a 3+ save and a high toughness. It rarely ends well for them.

nidz really hate billiard tables, but with a decent amount of cover they do ok...

of course you can slant de/eldar/tau to fry nidz... but balance out the armies a bit and its more of a challenge...

nidz generally hate short edge DP, but again agree to play other DPs and its a better game

dont think id take nidz to a tournament... but they do have some effective builds...

our group has put serpents up to 145pts and made serpent shields ONE USE ONLY... so its a bit fairer

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Yeah, probably better to say 'if you're not a baby seal'.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I was trying to be nice.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456