BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Let's Play a Game...

Here are the rules:

You must describe in what way you would save the galaxy of Warhammer 40k. However, you must adhere to the following limitations:

1) You have only your own personal intelligence and knowledge to bring to bear, plus...
    2) You may pick any three beings said to be alive in the setting right now to be your allies (alive and in a condition to help you). These three beings can be from any background, BUT...
    3) If they don't get along naturally, you will have to explain how you are going to get them to get along. The fact that they (for whatever reason) trust you isn't going to be enough.
    4) You must describe how these entities, acting in concert, can save the world.

Let's keep this away from "my Primarch can beat up your Farseer" nonsense. I'm genuinely curious to hear what sort of stuff comes out of the endless fonts of 40k lore that are my fellow posters.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chaplain

Depends on what your definition of "saving" is. Every race has pretty much has their own version of what would make the galaxy "good", from a full on Pax Imperialis from the Imperium to a lifeless void by the Tyranids.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Depends on what your definition of "saving" is. Every race has pretty much has their own version of what would make the galaxy "good", from a full on Pax Imperialis from the Imperium to a lifeless void by the Tyranids.
    I chose not to define "saved" so that anyone could play... but I'm assuming from the point of view of someone with, well, a point of view. Tyranids are pests - like 'em or not, the Eldar are people.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

The best way to save the galaxy would be for Chaos to triumph. Only Chaos has the strength to both conquer the galaxy, and also have the galaxy be existing when it's done. (Neither Nids nor Crons would leave much of a galaxy if they won).
    My methods are simple: Take Lorgar, Perturabo and Abbadon as my allies. They are the leaders of the three Legions that have stayed the most coherent, and Perturabo is the only Primarch who both still intervenes and is sane, making him the ideal choice, plus is the Leader of the largest single unified Legion. Abbadon hast he fires of rage hot inside, and has the most Chaotic forces loyal to him. Not as coherent as the Iron Warriors, but when he raises his banner he posseses the most powerful Chaos horde. Finally, Lorgar could command the Word Bearers if he came out of hiding. They have also remained relatively organized, and should almost all answer the call if Lorgar emerged. These three combined Legions, plus the many Daemons they would summon, could carve out a truly terrible chunk of the Imperium. Cadia falls, then the whole Segmentum, and with their defenses weakened by all the other stuff Terra would fall within the Century. If Chaos claims Terra, then within a few hundred years most of the Imperium has been corrupted and the united Chaos-Imperium could possibly defeat the Tyranids, then maybe the Necrons.

Biggest issue is convincing Lorgar to play along. How to do this? If I talked to him, I would point out that the Tyranid and Necron threats are so powerful that Humanity's existence is threatened. Only Chaos can save them, but it must be done now. With Lorgar back in the game, Abbadon would be more than happy to launch a Crusade, and Perturabo (with the IW being a very active Legion) would be more than happy to jump in.

I really think the 40K Universe is doomed. It's one minute till midnight and Death is knocking at the door. The Hive Fleets have only just begun to hit our galaxy and they seem nigh-unstoppable. In addition, the Forces of Chaos are seeping through into reality at an ever quickening pace. The Golden Throne is broken and not repairable... I just don't see anyway out of this. The best that Mankind can do is fight valiantly until the last...
    Looking for a game in the San Antonio area? You can find me here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/175757472448931/

Librarian

High Lords of Terra push the little red button on the Golden Throne which activates an Exterminatus protocol in the chair. Using the power of the Emperor, the Golden Throne targets and kills non-humans (including mutants) leaving only the "pure" safe and in control. Inquisitors and heads of the Ecleesiarchy (spelling?) keep the "loyal" masses in check and a new age for Mankind emerges, with Warp Storms fading back (due to a side-effect of the Throne's power) Man is once able to conquer the stars once again, but this time, without the need of psykers and mutants. With the Emperor's essence fueling the anti-human destruction, the last of his perceived life-force is removed, and the Emperor's physical form dissipates in a glow of bright energy, leaving the Throne empty for the first time since the Horus Heresy...

Marneus Calagar (and therefore the loyalty of all the descendents of Gulliman)

The most senior member of the Illuminati avaliable (and therefore a load of other Illuminati and other bods when believe in that kind of thing) we shall call him High Inquisitor Bob.

Cypher

After assisting High Inquisitor (and member of the Illuminati) Bob to capture Cypher. Marneus Calagar is persuaded by Cypher and Bob that the only way to save the Imperium is to free the emperor from the Golden Throne.

Marneus and and the boys in blue take Cypher to Terra and fight their way to the golden throne so Cypher can do his do and free the emperor.

The moment Cypher frees the Emperor the Illuminati sacrifice the Sensei bringing about the Birth of the Star Child resulting in a new golden age for humanity.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Copeland View Post
    The Golden Throne is broken and not repairable... I just don't see anyway out of this. The best that Mankind can do is fight valiantly until the last...
    Have you tried cycling the power supply?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    Have you tried cycling the power supply?
    Have you tried kicking it?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'd have The Silent King, Fabius Bile on my side, and Ahriman, with the traitors working together, we resurrect Horus properly, his vision is needed to unite the scattered Traitors once more, with them focused, the now disperate remains of the Legionnes Astartes will fall and Terra will onced more be within his taloned grasp, and again, as the Cabal foresaw, once he ascends to the throne of humannity, he will be disgusted with himself, and rampage across the galaxy wiping out the human race, thus, the galaxy is saved. Until the Nids eat everthing except the Necrons, then they leave the galaxy and move to the next one, so, by default, Necrons win. And me, best buds with the Silent King along side them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast