BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Hairspray tech and Oil washes

Hello, so i am attempting to take a big step all at once in my painting. I am working on refurbing an old IG (valhallans) army i painted 15 years ago. My general plan is to use hair spray tech. on a green camo pattern to look like it was hastily applied. Although i haven't done this prior i don't see a huge issue. but when do i use the oil washes (new to me also). i know the streaking and rusting should be done after the white wash is applied and sealed. if you do any before i assume it wouldn't show through? any input or advise would be loved I can post pics as i am going if you would like. thanks in advance and have a great week.

I think what you are asking is if you need to gloss coat before oil washing? Yes. If you don't gloss coat first, I would think that all that oil paint would smear (because it is on a textured surface), and generally not wipe off. The spirits might eat your acrylics too, but I am not 100% sure about that.

watch this dude, it may help you out [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A09im63c9Q[/url]

Thanks yea that helped a ton. i wasnt sure whether to to the oil then the white or vice versa and that video obviously solved that thanks. the test turret's matte coat is drying so i can white tomorrow thanks