BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default line of sight question

8th edition rules on line of sight state that you need to get down to the level of the miniature to see what they can or cannot see.

My question is does this mean you can now fire at larger targets that are standing behind shorter troops, e.g. a unit of Ogres behind a unit of Gnoblar. From a miniature viewpoint I can clearly see the larger sized unit , so can I shoot at them, what are the modifiers, if any, or do units still block line of sight, as they did in older rules editions?

With cover, such as behind hedges or walls, the rules state that figures can be shot at if you can see more than weapons or helmet crests etc. Are screening units similar.

As I look through the rules I can't find anything that address blocking line of sight, either yea or nay, for screening units. The only references I see are to looking to see from the miniatures point of view, and with soft/hard cover. Please help end my confusion.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Chris

Chapter-Master

P41 If you can see them, you can shoot them. Intervening troops count as hard cover, so a -2 modifier. It's in the hard cover section. Hope that helps.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Thank You Wildeybeast!
    I guess my eyes had reached the glassed over stage by that page, don't know why I kept missing it.

Thank you so much

Chris

Chapter-Master

Happy to help!
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD