BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default How many Steam Points can you have?

An interesting situation occurred the other day. Having chosen to generate 5 steam points at the start of my turn, I promptly failed the boiler test and rolled up result 7 (Dangerous Overpressure) on the mishap table. This requires you to lose D3 wounds and gain the same number of Steam Points. This meant I would have had 7 steam point as a result of the D3 roll. A debate ensued about whether the stank can have more than 5 steam points. The rules say that you can generate between 0-5 at the start of your turn. There is no mention about whether 5 is the maximum number of points it can have and we reasoned that since the tank can both gain and lose points, it was possible to have more than 5 and played as such.

What do people think about this?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

It can have any number of steam points. The rule only limits the tokens generated at the start of the turn. I've run into this a number of times and that is always how I have interpreted the rule (as the opponent of the steam tank) and how tournament organizers have interpreted it that I've encountered (local stuff, Adepticon, etc).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Yeah, that seemed like the obvious conclusion based on the rules. Glad to know that is how others are playing it, thanks.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD