BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: As a Tau player I am fed up with power players stealing my codex.

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play Tau and I'm fed up too.

5 9.80%
  • I play Eldar and I to am fed up.

14 27.45%
  • PURGE THE ALIEN

24 47.06%
  • I wantz a new shiny book to kill Da Humies

8 15.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed Up.

Brother-Sergeant

Default Fed Up.

As a Tau player I am fed up with power players stealing my codex and tarnishing the Tau race. For example the TauDar list. Anyone else.

Chapter-Master

I play Tau, and I picked the first option, but for me it isn't really about "stealing" the codex and "tarnishing" the faction. It's more that I think the TauDar list is really bad for the game. It basically ignores all the game's rules... how can anyone compete with that? It sounds like a total NGE - Negative Game Experience - to play against, and that's bad for the game as a whole.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

In business terms what we have is a bad product. In marketing terms we have an opertunity for a new product????
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Chaplain

we've banned allies (and double FOC) at my gaming scene since now GW is taking the p*** with it. we also gave flak missiles for free; solved a lot of problems
    Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Chaplain

The power players will leave your faction sometime soon and move on to something else. It's just human nature for some people to latch onto whatever they think will give them the most advantage. I will bet you that by this time next year that there will be a new super duper, balls to the wall list that has everyone screaming.

I think it's perfectly fine for the Eldar & Tau to shine once in a while.

I woudln't worry about WAAC players at all. Play as you will.
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

Brother-Sergeant

I can't agree more guys, I love banning two FOCs and allies The Madman. House rules are propping up 6th. At the moment.

ElectricPaladin, here here, NGE.

My brother is a Blood Angel player who has suffered thanks to 6th. Now I have no problem with that as Tau got there arse kicked up and down 40k in 5th. But what I do mind is the assumption that every Tau and Eldar Player are following a trend.

Eldar_Atog I hope they leave as quickly as they came.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote Originally Posted by TauBoss View Post
    every Tau and Eldar Player are following a trend.
    Sure. When your "old school" models date back well over a decade, with your first play way back in 2E, it's not really "following".
    - 40k Eldar, Imperial Guard & Chaos Marines ∙ WFB Dogs of War ∙ WM/H Cryx ∙ BFG Chaos & Imperial Navy -

First-Captain

I voted Purge.....

I only splay as Space Marines so I don't care....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by TauBoss View Post
    As a Tau player I am fed up with power players stealing my codex and tarnishing the Tau race. For example the TauDar list. Anyone else.
    It's not Power Players. What you call Power Players, I call people who need to win with Toy soldiers. At least TauBoss played them before they got their new codex. To me that is someone who plays what he loves. People who go to Tournaments and play Tau or Eldar in most cases are Grown Men who need to win with plastic Toy soldiers, because I bet they didn't play them in 5th edition, or didn't play them in 6th edition before their new codex.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast