BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: As a Tau player I am fed up with power players stealing my codex.

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I play Tau and I'm fed up too.

5 9.80%
  • I play Eldar and I to am fed up.

14 27.45%
  • PURGE THE ALIEN

24 47.06%
  • I wantz a new shiny book to kill Da Humies

8 15.69%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fed Up.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    It's not Power Players. What you call Power Players, I call people who need to win with Toy soldiers. At least TauBoss played them before they got their new codex. To me that is someone who plays what he loves. People who go to Tournaments and play Tau or Eldar in most cases are Grown Men who need to win with plastic Toy soldiers, because I bet they didn't play them in 5th edition, or didn't play them in 6th edition before their new codex.
    A true Eldar player really ought to arrange to enter a tournament, then drop out at the last minute suggesting that someone takes in a horde of Orks in their place to smash up those pesky marines.

In fact, I'm going to claim that was my plan all along in the tournament the other day... the careful manipulations of victory points in games I played was all part of a larger plan to sow the seeds to pit the Imperium against itself with Grey Knights vs Space Wolves, saving thousands of Eldar lives in the process. I came 3rd you say? I think you Mon-keh fail to understand that really, I won

I play both eldar and tau. eldar w/ wraith spam = 3 knights and all guard tau w/ farsight = 3 riptides and battle suits. but never have I played them together. plus people who come in think because I beet them w/ eldar or tau they can just buy the same list and "improve" it. well I just show them that you cant beet the original. all are a disgrace to the tau empire and eldar

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    Sure. When your "old school" models date back well over a decade, with your first play way back in 2E, it's not really "following".
    This. I have owned Eldar (Ulthwe & Saim Hann) since 3rd edition before the craftworld supplement came out. Irks me to no end when people tell me I just jumped on the bandwagon...

I still miss my all Harlequin army.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    A lot of old armies are missed.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    This. I have owned Eldar (Ulthwe & Saim Hann) since 3rd edition before the craftworld supplement came out. Irks me to no end when people tell me I just jumped on the bandwagon...
    Dude. Dark Elves. Two books ago. Monster heavy army, because everyone said they were crap, and I do love proving people wrong about interwebular hyperbole (it's an ego thing).

After a while, next book came out, and I think I actually became the bandwagon
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Do what I do..

Storm guardians for Mimes
    Autarch with mantle as Solitaire
    Dark Reapers as Death jesters

It's not perfect but it lets me still have some fun with my Harliquins every once in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Eldar_Atog View Post
    Do what I do..

Storm guardians for Mimes
    Autarch with mantle as Solitaire
    Dark Reapers as Death jesters

It's not perfect but it lets me still have some fun with my Harliquins every once in a while
    I do Dire Avengers = Chorus
    Rangers = Mimes

Other aspects I leave as is, as allies manipulated into fighting. Need to buy/build/paint a Harlequin Wraightknight someday.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by The Madman View Post
    we've banned allies (and double FOC) at my gaming scene since now GW is taking the p*** with it. we also gave flak missiles for free; solved a lot of problems

Madman, why do you ban the double FOC? That only comes into play at 2000+ pt games, and actually makes that point value game more flexible. I also DO NOT agree with giving flak for free. That limitation is there for a reason. Flakk missles are a newer technology in the fluff of things hence why Chaos legions don't have them outside of Havoc squads. That is there for you to make a choice between taking something anti-air or something that is anti-ground; you can't have both, just like in the real military.
    Armies played:
    Codex Marines, Necrons

Quote Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
    A true Eldar player really ought to arrange to enter a tournament, then drop out at the last minute suggesting that someone takes in a horde of Orks in their place to smash up those pesky marines.

In fact, I'm going to claim that was my plan all along in the tournament the other day... the careful manipulations of victory points in games I played was all part of a larger plan to sow the seeds to pit the Imperium against itself with Grey Knights vs Space Wolves, saving thousands of Eldar lives in the process. I came 3rd you say? I think you Mon-keh fail to understand that really, I won
    ? Not sure what you mean. Long day, tired and sick. I didn't mean any offence, I said these people never played until recently only because of their high power. I never begrudge for someone playing something they love. I bet when something comes along, just like GK and Necrons flyer spam, you don't see them much anymore. Something will come along and all of a sudden all these people playing Tau and Eldar will not be using them no more.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast