BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which starter sets would you get?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blood Angels vs. Orks

50 29.07%
  • Generic SM vs Generic Xenos

19 11.05%
  • Eldar vs. Dark Eldar

30 17.44%
  • Tyranids vs. Necrons

34 19.77%
  • Chaos Marines vs. Inquisiton

34 19.77%
  • Adeptus Sororitas vs. Grey Knights

37 21.51%
  • Imperial Guard vs. Chaos Cultists

44 25.58%
  • Preheresy: Iron Hands vs. Emperor's Children

30 17.44%
  • Preheresy: Mechanicus vs. Iron Warriors

32 18.60%
  • Khador vs. Cryx

17 9.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Curiously Specific Starter Set Poll

Hey Psychosplodge?

I've made another poll.

I'm sorry, man. I just... I just love them.

So, so the rest of you, I was thinking about the rumoured Blood Angels vs Orks starter set. There are a bunch of options up there for you to choose from. Almost all of them will never, EVER happen. But if they did, which would you get, what should it be called, and what would you like to see in them?

For me? Preheresy Iron Hands vs Emperor's Children: The Istvaan Massacre. It would contain two Tactical squads (Iron Hands in Mk3, Emperor's Children in Mk 4), a Contemptor for the Iron Hands, a five man squad of Palatine Blades and battery of Rapier Laser Destroyers for the Emperor's Children.

Like I say, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, but a man can dream.

A man can dream.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 02-20-2014 at 07:35 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Occuli Imperator

I was talking with my friend when I was getting the 2nd ed. box that it seemed strange it was only BA vs. Ork, which was fine if you played those, but if you didn't you were screwed as the only way to get teh rules et al. was in the box.

I did think that it would be nice if you could "build your own" starter set, so you could choose which units were in it. I did realise though the problem with that was that you would need loads of combinations of the quick start rules, what with 15 armies and being able to go same army vs same army you have what 15 factions so 225 different options, now some of them will be duplicated so what 120? different options?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The key to a successful starter box for me?

Variety of units.

Island of Blood has nearly every class of unit in there, only missing Skirmishers and Monstrous Infantry. This shows the game off nicely, as well as emphasising the importance of the quality of your troops, and outnumbering people if your troops are weedy.

Dark Vengeance....yeah kind of there, ish.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

They'd have to actually give half of the armies you have up there actual army books and proper units before I'd even consider shelling out a nickle or dime for them.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Iron Father

I've just read "Angel exterminatus" so that was the basis of my choice.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Bear in mind that AoBR was far more generic than DV, and so the likes of eBay were a great source for people just wanting to get "generic" models for whatever chapter they were using/planning. It immediately eats into further sales of the product by making it all-encompassing.

DV was different in that GW could see a better ROI potentially because of the higher standard and chapter specific models. I can see them doing far more starter boxes like that in the future.

Not saying I agree with it, but income streams for GW always play a part in what we end up getting.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    The key to a successful starter box for me?

Variety of units.

Island of Blood has nearly every class of unit in there, only missing Skirmishers and Monstrous Infantry. This shows the game off nicely, as well as emphasising the importance of the quality of your troops, and outnumbering people if your troops are weedy.

Dark Vengeance....yeah kind of there, ish.
    Ahem. Rat ogres.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I voted Blood Angels because I have a small dreadnought army that I'd like to fill out someday with regular troops and the Orks can fill in my existing army. If the Eldar army was a wind rider host, I'd consider that but I usually buy the box set only for the small rule book and sell off the minis.
    Visit my war gaming blog at: lookoutsir.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    They'd have to actually give half of the armies you have up there actual army books and proper units before I'd even consider shelling out a nickle or dime for them.
    All of those armies have rules and units, except the warmachine one obviously, and if you mean half of them need a 6th edition Codex, well, more than half do, with one more out in the next few months, and thats if you don't count GK and Necrons, even though they've both been written with 6th edition rules in mind

Chapter-Master

Imperial Guard VS Slaugth.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast