BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which starter sets would you get?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blood Angels vs. Orks

50 29.07%
  • Generic SM vs Generic Xenos

19 11.05%
  • Eldar vs. Dark Eldar

30 17.44%
  • Tyranids vs. Necrons

34 19.77%
  • Chaos Marines vs. Inquisiton

34 19.77%
  • Adeptus Sororitas vs. Grey Knights

37 21.51%
  • Imperial Guard vs. Chaos Cultists

44 25.58%
  • Preheresy: Iron Hands vs. Emperor's Children

30 17.44%
  • Preheresy: Mechanicus vs. Iron Warriors

32 18.60%
  • Khador vs. Cryx

17 9.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

The ones I want are the ones that (I think) are least likely to occur:

Chaos Marines vs. Inquisiton
    Adeptus Sororitas vs. Grey Knights
    Imperial Guard vs. Chaos Cultists
    Preheresy: Iron Hands vs. Emperor's Children
    Preheresy: Mechanicus vs. Iron Warriors

On a side note, has there ever been a starter box that didn't have marines of some kind?

First-Captain

None of the poll suggestions....

My Preferance would be Adaptus Sortias VS Genestealer Hybrid Cult!

Both need plastic figures and soon....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Librarian

Anything with Orks in it is something I consider buying. With the new plastics helping to update their range, Orks in a starter set can't be a wrong decision. Maybe not the best decision as I'm sure other armies would like their spot in the front, but with Orks you have a dedicated fans and who doesn't want more Orks? Even models you may not want give you the ability to make other things. You can take a Deff-Dread and pop that sucker on a Trukk and turn it into a Battlewagon. The interchangeability of the bits means that what ever you buy, you can use, and to hilarious effect...
    Take for instance the Deff-Dread/Killa Kan's arm guns. Put those on top of an ork vehicle and it isn't far-fecthed to think that a Mek wanted to make a Dakka with a Choppa, or a Choppa with Dakka, or that it would be funny to have the ability to smash someone why shooting them...

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    The idea of HH starter kits does sound intriguing, but I can hear the wailing of xenos players everywhere with that thought.
    I'm starting to think personally that this so called 7th Ed might actually be a Horus Heresy Box set, based on the facts that the HH squads are selling INSANELY well at present, the novels have won how many awards? and have had how many reprints? The re-issuing of the Visons book, but most of all, the news that we might have a Mechanicus listing in the new Knights codex, plus the fact the Knights HAVE been made and featured during the HH.....

I strongly believe GW may have finally taking it's foot from up it's *** and might be releasing a boxed game and ruleset finally, afterall why issue a new ruleset well off of the normal release squenaces and why fold in rules from a number of supplements so soon?

Why? Because it could be "Not 7th Ed" after all....
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    All of those armies have rules and units, except the warmachine one obviously, and if you mean half of them need a 6th edition Codex, well, more than half do, with one more out in the next few months, and thats if you don't count GK and Necrons, even though they've both been written with 6th edition rules in mind
    No. I mean actual army books. At this point the best I could hope for is an eCodex or supplement. I'm talking Legions of the Damned (all we got were cultists...), [still waiting on those] Legion-specific books for all Loyalist and Traitor legions, and for someone to actually give a damn about writing an actual Inquisition codex and NOT copy-pasting bits and pieces from the Grey Knights codex.

I'm hopeful to see a Mechanicum eCodex out before the year is up, but I'll believe it when I see it (not to mention there will liekly be one for 30K before 40K).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

had to vote sisters, Just because I want plastics for them that much
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Any of those options that don't include Space Marines are a pipe dream, lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123