BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Cypher and the Fallen - CSM w/Dataslate, 1500 points

Hello BoLS. Hoping you can help me with a weird idea I had.

I finally got my hands on a Cypher model and the Cypher Dataslate, and I've been wracking my brain trying to build an army featuring our favorite mystery man. I've come up with a Chaos Space Marine list for my group, nothing competitive but hopefully something that'll win a few games and be fun for everyone (including me). I'm unsure of its viability, though, so I'm looking for some feedback. The list at the moment is as follows:

Dataslate Formation: Fallen Champions

Cypher - 190
    Chosen - x4 w/Plasma Gun, Aspiring Champion w/Power Weapon, Combi-plasma - 175
    Chosen - x4 w/Plasma Gun, Aspiring Champion w/Power Weapon, Combi-plasma -175

HQ
    Dark Apostle - Veterans of the Long War, stock wargear - 105

Troops
    Chaos Cultists - x19 w/Autoguns, x2 Flamer, Cultist Champion - 119
    Chaos Cultists - x19 w/Autoguns, x2 Flamer, Cultist Champion - 119
    Chaos Cultists - x14 w/Autoguns, Cultist Champion - 84
    Chaos Cultists - x14 w/Autoguns, Cultist Champion - 84

Fortification
    Aegis Defense Line - w/Quad-Gun - 100

Heavy Support
    Chaos Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers - 115
    Chaos Predator - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers - 115
    Chaos Vindicator - Demolisher Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke Launchers - 120

Total - 1501 (My group can usually overlook an additional point)

The list is basically an excuse to field Cypher and the Fallen, infiltrating plasma guys into position, supported by a buttload of Cultists. Since the Fallen only appear in small numbers, I tried to keep the number of power-armoured characters in the list to the absolute minimum (Cypher, the Fallen, and the Dark Apostle). Apostle has VotLW to counteract Cypher's Leadership penalty. The Aegis is of course for anti-air, the Predators a bit multipurpose, and the Vindicator to blow holes in MEQ units, TEQ units, and other vehicles.

Again, not sure this list would work, and I have very few of the models for it. I wanted to get some opinions and feedback, then make changes, before I make the effort to put it all together. Thanks everyone. Hope you like it.
    Last edited by CenturyChild533; 02-21-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Spelling Errors