BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    I really like it, would definitely get some for the World Eaters once they are off the ground (pun intended).
    Is that the super secret project you mentioned?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

But is it being in Night Lords colours a hint at the future?
    Well, they are one of the key chapters covered in HH: Massacre, so it only makes sense that some of the vehicles should be in their colours.

Back on-topic, I've always found the Dreadclaw to be an awkward, ugly-a** lump of weirdness. This new model does nothing to change my opinion.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Is that the super secret project you mentioned?
    no, though that is nearly finished, and pics may appear on sunday, if I can be bothered.

I like it, I was disappointed by the kharybdis price, the dreadclaw is really the drop pod I was after.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post
    Well, they are one of the key chapters covered in HH: Massacre, so it only makes sense that some of the vehicles should be in their colours.

Back on-topic, I've always found the Dreadclaw to be an awkward, ugly-a** lump of weirdness. This new model does nothing to change my opinion.
    Suits the Legionnes Astartes though

Tempted by 4, filled with Tactical Squads, and a Kharbydis to carry Cataphractii.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I like it. I want 2. I will paint them very red and they will deliver my Khorn forces into the frey. The Betrayer shall return!

Brother-Captain

I like the look and all...and I like that Chaos can use these to access drop pods...

But I hate...hate the whole silly idea of these things taking off again and/or flying around the battlefield like a traditional aircraft. It just seems silly in a bad, stupid way to me.
    I'd love to add some drop pods to my Thousand Sons, but it's just so weird and silly that it bugs me enough to turn me off the model.

Ah well...different strokes for different folks, I guess. Still a lovely-looking kit.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    But I hate...hate the whole silly idea of these things taking off again and/or flying around the battlefield like a traditional aircraft. It just seems silly in a bad, stupid way to me.
    Yeah, the idea of it hopping around is weird when visualized. Maybe it could be worked into a retreating mechanic; "A Dreadclaw, and any occupants, can be removed from play at the beginning of the owning player's Movement Phase. The removed units are not counted as destroyed."

It'd give Chaos an option to have small squads drop behind enemy lines that won't necessarily be wiped out, allow Chaos Warlords to escape a failed plan (as all good villains should) and not have Drop Pods be a First Blood write-off.

Chapter-Master

Ive already got a Kharybdis. Two of these as well might make a nice force. But theyll need new 40k rules. Cos currently they suck.

FW did say on facebook new rules were in pipeline
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12