BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which Knight are you Building First?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knight Paladin!

12 48.00%
  • Knight Errant!

2 8.00%
  • Something to try and kill either!

11 44.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Why is height the only dimension for size? At least stacked up against the Wraithknight, the Wraith might have another inch and height but the Knight is clearly a substantially larger model in every other dimension. I'll give you the Stompa, though I wouldn't be surprised to see that go up come the new Ork codex.
    If they do I would want more options, Baneblade is 85 and all 8 kits included now. Perhaps now you see what I mean, the price for this is just scandalous by comparison. Have a quick look around the RC online shops and see what 85 will get you. A model that flies (for real) and is controllable through radio gear. When you look at it that way, how can GW justify these prices for what is tantamount to a toy soldier.

Sorry that's not meant to be offensive, I play 40k myself but .... you see my point.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    If they do I would want more options, Baneblade is 85 and all 8 kits included now. Perhaps now you see what I mean, the price for this is just scandalous by comparison. Have a quick look around the RC online shops and see what 85 will get you. A model that flies (for real) and is controllable through radio gear. When you look at it that way, how can GW justify these prices for what is tantamount to a toy soldier.

Sorry that's not meant to be offensive, I play 40k myself but .... you see my point.
    But the Imperial Knight model looks so much cooler than the other stuff.

Chapter-Master

So, actually, I'm kind of considering just building a paladin first. Here's my logic:

1) I'm pretty sure I'm going to eventually want three of them, for maximum alliance.
    2) I probably eventually want six, so I can field a whole freaking army of giant robots.
    3) Either way, I'm going to want more paladins than errants.

So... if I'm going to have at least one paladin and at least one errant in my collection, why should I bother magnetizing the first one I buy? I'm going to own at least one of each (probably four paladins and two errants, within the next several years), why am I making my life more complicated than it has to be. Just build a freaking paladin now and and an errant next and move on with my life.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Brother-Sergeant

I will be using magnets, not only to get the most out of this kit but also make use of the inevitable FW conversions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123