BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Default New tyranid formations

So this is dropping soon,

[URL="https://itunes.apple.com/au/book/id826650129?mt=11"]Dataslate: Tyranid Invasion - Rising Leviathan II[/URL] $14.99

Description
    The invasion of Satys enters a new and deadly phase as the Hive Mind drowns the planet in a deluge of biohorrors. Though tens of thousands lie dead already, the Catachans, led by Colonel Krelm, desperately try to hold key fortifications within the irradiated jungles, hoping to keep the swarm at bay. The surviving members of the Aurora Space Marine Chapter fight with them, determined to sell their lives if it means blunting the Great Devourer’s assault. Can they hold back the beast long enough for help to arrive, or will they too succumb to the chitinous claws of Hive Fleet Leviathan?

About the Book:
    Tyranid Invasion - Rising Leviathan II is the second book in a trilogy of Tyranid Dataslates, each of which details the different stages of Hive Fleet Leviathan’s assault upon the planet of Satys. This second instalment showcases the invasion organisms of the Tyranid fleet. It contains formations, missions and rules so that you can re-create the unstoppable advance of Hive Fleet Leviathan in your games of Warhammer 40,000.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nid-book101.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	7503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nid-book102.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	7504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nid-book103.jpg 
Views:	773 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	7505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nid-book104.jpg 
Views:	1614 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	7506
    Last edited by Bigred; 02-22-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: formatting - latest info
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

One of the formations gives endless swarm.... I feel like the tyranid data slates add a lot more to the army than most of the other data slates.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    One of the formations gives endless swarm.... I feel like the tyranid data slates add a lot more to the army than most of the other data slates.
    pretty sure this was deliberate so they could leave a ton of $#%t out of the main codex

Battle-Brother

In GW's defense (strange, I know), it make take months to lay out a book, ship it off to the printers, and get it back, whereas Dataslates can be done much sooner than that by leaving out the printers and shipping.

Although I do agree with you if that GW has had these data slates hanging around since before the Tyranid stuff went to the printers then it's BS. If you buy all of the bug data slates, you've spent just as much as you did on the codex itself...

Battle-Brother

Blatent money grab...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Blatent money grab...
    Sort of... Maybe more like a sensible business decision. This is the cost break-down for selling a book in the UK. Lets use a £30 codex as a good example. An independent retailer wants to make 33% profit on it as a general rule of thumb. So of the £30 ten goes to them. GW wants to similarly make 33% to stay profitable so they get £10. that leaves £10 to pay the writers, artists and editors, get the book laid out and printed, then shipped around the world to the wholesale/retailers.

Now a digital codex also costs £30 and the cost breakdown goes a bit differently. Although printed books in general are VAT (that's UK sales tax), ebooks are VAT rated at 20%, So That's £6 to the government straight off. However, of the £24 left you don't need to pay a retailer, shipping, or printing, just the design team and lay-out plus a bit to apple/e-commerce. So for GW a Digital codex might reap them £19 profit over the £10 for a printed edition. This same shift in profits is also why they dislike using independent stockists and have shifted many items to direct only. The more they can sell from their website, the higher their profits.

I'll leave the conversation should this just be free web content or included in the original codex rather than DLC to other users, but that's the raw business facts

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
    Blatent money grab...
    Yeah and so? Heaven forbid companies want to make money.

I don't know, it gets tiring when all people can say is GW is a money grab company.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Battle-Brother

Why not put this stuff in the codex that came out roughly a month ago? Now if it was a dataslate for a codex thats been out for awhile (say, a Legion specific list for CSM) or throwing a lifeline to an army that has yet to get a 6th Ed book (Orks come to mind) then I get it. But this could easily have been included in the recent book. Cripes, Endless Swarm isn't even a new idea.

Chapter-Master

Because, again, GW is a business.

Anyways, this just made Trygons relevant. Deepstrike one, and the tunnel reserves rule lets you bring your endless tide back on somewhere convenient for you.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Because, again, GW is a business.

Anyways, this just made Trygons relevant. Deepstrike one, and the tunnel reserves rule lets you bring your endless tide back on somewhere convenient for you.
    I'm waiting to jump with joy for this until I read the rules myself.

that counter point is that if it does work the way it looks, then tervigons may have just become pointless, take two trygons instead
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast