BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help please !!

Default help please !!

okay so my SM army is nearing completion in the form of troops but i need some help on bulking it up with vehicles. My only problem is i dont have a set style of fighting at the moment as my game type varies massively, as my collection is fairly big and all my friends can only field for smaller games.

my list is as follows:

troops:

-4x tactical squads (10 marines each) averaging 200pts

-2x scout squads (10 scouts each) averaging 125pts

- scout sergeant telion 50pts

- scout sniper squad (5scouts) 70pts

fast attacks:

- 3x assault squads (10 marines each) averaging 200pts

elites:

- sternguard veterans (5 marines) 120 pts (saving to increase to 10 marines)

- vanguard veterans (5 marines) 165pts (also saving to increase to 10 marines)

- 3x dreadnaught averaging 100pts (1 venerable dreadnaught)

- 2x terminator squads (6 marines each) averaging 265 pts (saving to increase to 10 per squad)

- terminator assault squad (5 marines) 215pts

heavy support:

- 3x devasator squad (10 marines each) averaging 210pts

HQ:

- marneus calgar 285pts

- darnath lysander 230pts

- captain shrike 185pts

- captain sicarius 185pts

- the emperors champion 140pts

- chapter master 1175pts

- captain 135pts

-techmarine 90pts

fortifications:

- aegis defense line 50pts

- quad gun 50pts

currently I play a league in my school. as we have little time we only play 750pts. in addition to help on armour support for my entire force, primarily used for apocalypse, i would be very grateful for advice on a strong 750 point force that would fend well against necrons, tau, orks, blood angels and chaos space marines.

thanks, look forward to reading replies

I'd say get some transports perhaps a couple of rhino's*, a land raider and a storm raven.

Vindicators are great at grabbing attention and drawing fire as well as decimating anything in the game, once in range.

Either pred build is a nice addition for extra fire support.

*With rhino's it's best to get the razor back kit and leave the top hatch unglued so you can swap between rhino / razorbacks by changing the hatches.

Stormravens are ace, and storm talon is pretty cool too, the stormwing formation brings serious firepower.

Personally I'm really fond of land speeders too, even with x2 HBs a sqdrn of these can be ignored if left to skirt the outside of the board.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Talking

Don't forget termicide. Drop three termies next to your opponents most valuable thing shoot three combi-meltas= profit. Don't know if you can arm your marines like that as I play chaos but I'm sure you can do something similar. It's great for small games. Just leave it cheap as they are a suicide unit. Maybe throw in a chain first. It's great for smaller games or large ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    I'd say get some transports perhaps a couple of rhino's*, a land raider and a storm raven.

Vindicators are great at grabbing attention and drawing fire as well as decimating anything in the game, once in range.

Either pred build is a nice addition for extra fire support.

*With rhino's it's best to get the razor back kit and leave the top hatch unglued so you can swap between rhino / razorbacks by changing the hatches.

Stormravens are ace, and storm talon is pretty cool too, the stormwing formation brings serious firepower.

Personally I'm really fond of land speeders too, even with x2 HBs a sqdrn of these can be ignored if left to skirt the outside of the board.
    thanks for the advice

transports is a good shout, getting tired of loosing half an advancing force because it takes too long to get into combat :/ when i build up a bit of money ill get a storm raven and maybe a vindicator or two

i like the land speeders too, never used them though but could be a great addition to my force

Quote Originally Posted by jonas the jedi View Post
    Don't forget termicide. Drop three termies next to your opponents most valuable thing shoot three combi-meltas= profit. Don't know if you can arm your marines like that as I play chaos but I'm sure you can do something similar. It's great for small games. Just leave it cheap as they are a suicide unit. Maybe throw in a chain first. It's great for smaller games or large ones.
    with the vanilla marines a terminator squad needs to have atleast 5 units and thats 200pts without heavy weapons :/ great idea though as the termis are always hard to kill

Librarian

Wrong forum section.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

150pts gets you 2x Allied Malleus Inq in TA with Combi-meltas, where as I think 2x Landspeeders with 2x MM is ~160pts, pretty sure both can deep strike but I'd rather have 4x Multi meltas than 2x one shot melta guns.

Don't have the CSM dex with me but pretty sure a TA + Combi weapon is way cheaper than this.....but perhaps more than a single Landspeeder with a 2x MM

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    150pts gets you 2x Allied Malleus Inq in TA with Combi-meltas, where as I think 2x Landspeeders with 2x MM is ~160pts, pretty sure both can deep strike but I'd rather have 4x Multi meltas than 2x one shot melta guns.

Don't have the CSM dex with me but pretty sure a TA + Combi weapon is way cheaper than this.....but perhaps more than a single Landspeeder with a 2x MM
    excuse my ignorance, but what are malleus Inq ? o.O

One of the three types of Inquisitor you can take as a special allied detachment.

sweet what force are they with ? so i can have a look for them. sound like they will do the job perfectly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast