BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Question About rank and file units and marking them.

Due to having daemons the way I have glued them is they can really only go one way on the tray now how would I go about marking them I have put coins under them due to being too top heavy (mostly pink horrors and banner holding models) so my question is how do you guys mark them so when playing a game you know where they must be placed?

Scout

I've numbered the underside of the bases. The first number is the rank, the subsequent numbers are the position in the rank.

11 would be the first model of the first rank, 310 the tenth model of the third rank, etc.

When it comes to packing the models I try to find enough room in the packing tray to hold the unit laid out in ranks to speed up deployment as well.

Veteran-Sergeant

Same here. I mark the undersides of the bases with white paint. Although my system is different (I use 1A for the first model in the first rank, 1B for the first model in the second rank, etc) you can use whichever system is easiest for you.

Same as guzkill, I pack them in order in the figure case so the first model I take out is the first model in the first rank and so on.
    On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.