BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Escalating Imperial Knights

Well, as all the talk seems to be about these new dudes, I got thinking.

It should be just about feasible to take Two or Three knights and a Warhound Titan, though this is going to be really tight points wise, it is going to look great on the table top.

Well I guess I am going to have to grovel to the bank.

Minimum size for a primary detachment of Knights is 3. That's 1110 at the least with the Titan adding on another 720-1400 points depending on which one you take. This is of course assuming that FW updates their PDF to let a pure Knights army take them as a lord of war option.

Though I suppose a warhound with a biggest D loadout would help compensate for the lack of numbers I'm not sure if you wouldn't just be better off with two more knights.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by George Labour View Post
    Minimum size for a primary detachment of Knights is 3. That's 1110 at the least with the Titan adding on another 720-1400 points depending on which one you take. This is of course assuming that FW updates their PDF to let a pure Knights army take them as a lord of war option.

Though I suppose a warhound with a biggest D loadout would help compensate for the lack of numbers I'm not sure if you wouldn't just be better off with two more knights.
    Does the Warhound offer anything in the anti-air category?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivarr View Post
    Does the Warhound offer anything in the anti-air category?
    It can take a Vulcan Mega Bolter, which will do as anti-air and looks good with the Turbo Laser. If playing at 2k I see no reason not to take a Reaver and let the good times role.

I approve of this whole concept, on principle.

However, if you'r going to do this, you may as well go the whole hog, a representative force from a Titan Legion (say, a Reaver and a pair of Warhounds) and whatever they call a group of Knights (a household? which, iirc, was at least 6-12 Knights).