BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Storm of Vengence

Billed as the 40k plants vs zombies, Storm of Vengence details have been announced.
    [url]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-02-25-storm-of-vengeance-is-warhammer-40k-meets-plants-vs-zombies[/url]

I predict it will sell by the bucketload if it gets the right exposure.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

Yup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    British developer Eutechnyx today announced that it’s currently working on Storm of Vengeance, a MOBA set in Games Workshop’s Warhammer 40,000 universe. Slated for a 2014 release on PC and mobile devices, Eutechnyx describes Storm of Vengeance as a “lane strategy game” set in the dark, gothic, but not-at-all emo universe of Warhammer 40,000.

Storm of Vengeance will be based on canonical events in the 40K universe, unlike Relic’s excellent real-time strategy series, Warhammer: 40,000: Dawn of War, which told an original story about an elite group of Space Marines called the Blood Ravens. Vengeance tells the story of the conflict on planet Piscina IV and features two notable characters: Grand Master Belial and Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka. Players will either defend the planet as the Dark Angel Space Marines or joyfully annihilate it with the Ork Waaagh! If you want to find out more about the original Storm of Vengeance and the Piscina campaign—and you do because 40K fiction is really awesome—check out [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1390008_The_complete_Storm_of_Vengeance_campaign_ pack.pdf"]this PDF[/URL].
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Probably why they weren't overly worried by the drop off in profits - they knew they had this cash cow up their sleeve.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Occuli Imperator

Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Veteran-Sergeant

It's on Steam now, pre-order gets you into beta.
    [url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/254650/[/url]
    It's NOT a MOBA at alll.

Chaplain

Uh...WTF is "lane strategy?" I'm familiar with "lame strategy," as that's the only kind I'm capable of. But "lane strategy?"

Brother-Captain

Now I can finally play as Marneus Calgar as he holds the gate for a night and a day!

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Shame that Belial was just Master of the Third Company at the time and not a Grand Master until after the Storm of Vengeance campaign.
    "Give me a hundred Space Marines. Failing that, give me a thousand other troops."

Quote Originally Posted by Skullchewer View Post
    It's on Steam now, pre-order gets you into beta.
    [url]http://store.steampowered.com/app/254650/[/url]
    It's NOT a MOBA at alll.
    Oh god, those graphics...I'd rather play Slitherine's forthcoming 2d early 90's style strategy game this just looks hideous. It looks like a Warhammer 40k Plants Vs Zombies.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by iandanger View Post
    Oh god, those graphics...I'd rather play Slitherine's forthcoming 2d early 90's style strategy game this just looks hideous. It looks like a Warhammer 40k Plants Vs Zombies.
    Which... is... exactly what the article linked in the original post of this thread. Well done?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast