BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Why? Why do they do this to me? My bank account is just too shallow!

I'm down for 40k Plants vs Zombies. I don't even care that it doesn't look amazing, it's a cell phone title, big shock there. I just wish we weren't getting it due to GW having their heads up their ***** about why THQ died and their video game licensing revenue went down the drain. If the whole Royalties section of the FY2012 financials was their honest opinion on the matter(that THQ died, and their licensing dropped, because AAA games are going the way of the dinosaur, so it's all mobile all the time), they very clearly have no clue what they're doing when it comes to their game licensing; to them one developer is just like any other, and Relic landing Dawn of War seems like more and more of a fluke.

Of course if they were to announce tomorrow(or maybe at E3 this year) that Sega acquired the 40k license and Relic has continued to work on DoW3, well, maybe I'd be able to give them the benefit of the doubt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullchewer View Post
    Which... is... exactly what the article linked in the original post of this thread. Well done?

The Facebook link went directly to Wolfshade's post, not the initial one, and more importantly, a Warhammer 40k game that looks like Plants Vs Zombies is worth repeating, because its such a sad waste of developer time and effort. They could've done something cool, but they had to go with a bright, happy Warhammer 40k. It looks like Lego: Warhammer 40k. There, better?

Battle-Brother

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong issues here, but can the Dark Angels even field a Storm Talon? As far as my codex shows there's only two fliers allowed and that's the Dark Talon or Nephilim.

all i want is a 40k rpg game where i can play as a kill team and destroy the xenos scum
    OY SPACE MARINE! Dats my Shiny ting

Quote Originally Posted by Juan-Carlos Lander View Post
    all i want is a 40k rpg game where i can play as a kill team and destroy the xenos scum
    A Kill Team game in the style of Fallout Tactics or Xcom, I'd die of joy.

Or a top-down, turn-based Fallout 1/2 style Inquisitor game, god I would kill for either. Sadly well developed RPGs require a great deal of development, writing, etc, whereas more arcade style titles are relatively easy, as you just develop mechanics and then scale difficulty upward

Librarian

Something i find interesting is that the PDF claims that Nazdreg's rules can be found in Codex Orkz, however in the current book he is absent...
    Also, the PDF mentions older units like Skarboyz among the Historical Forces for each scenario, perhaps a foretelling of additions to the new Ork codex?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    Something i find interesting is that the PDF claims that Nazdreg's rules can be found in Codex Orkz, however in the current book he is absent...
    Also, the PDF mentions older units like Skarboyz among the Historical Forces for each scenario, perhaps a foretelling of additions to the new Ork codex?
    Wanted: Skarboyz, madboyz, mixed-armor mobs.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

If you want an in depth look at the cash grap that is this title with some rather amusing 40k lingo sprinkled in I suggest watching TB's Video on this
    [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXsOorkgpg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUy1Ms_5qBTawC-k7PVjHXKQ[/URL]

Have fun, I had to laugh quite a bit

Occuli Imperator

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    No, the Piscina IV campaign is old, 3rd ed campaign, if you look at the format of that book and all the 3rd ed books you will see how similiar they are.

I was thinking about this game and think it is a nice step. So far 40k has focused on the classic pc/video game gamer. This is the first attempt to branch out into the casual gamer, which is an ever growing market and has a very large market which is only just being realised. If you get some conversion from casual gamer to table top wargamer then it is a success in the greater scheme of things
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast