BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Do Ork Meks in Loota units count as characters for Precision Shots/Strikes?

So, you buy a unit of Lootas, and make two of them mekboys with big shootas. Do they get precision shots?

Yes - They have a separate profile line in the codex.

No - The rulebook FAQ says Nobs become type Character when they lead a unit, but doesn't mention meks.

Any thoughts?

If the FAQ doesn't mention Mekboyz, then the ruling in the BRB Appendix "Profiles" still stands. Mekboyz are In(Ch), therefore they are characters.

but why ... in general... would you change a st7 2 or 3 shot 48" vap loota for at best a 5/5 36" mek ??

Librarian

The reasoning behind the FAQ statement about Nobz is to eliminate the Unit of Nobz counting as Characters. Same goes with Paladins and Wolf Guard for GK's and SW's.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    but why ... in general... would you change a st7 2 or 3 shot 48" vap loota for at best a 5/5 36" mek ??
    Well, I realize it may not be the most effective choice...but I would be doing it for the precision shots rule, the repair chance, to accept challenges if necessary, and mostly because I just want to model up an ork sniper.

I think people take Meks because the box comes with a mek for every 4 Lootas, its very annoying

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    Also, he just *might* be manning a quad gun. :P

Brother-Sergeant

An ork character on a quad gun might be the best sniper there is.

Low BS + Twin Linked = more rerolls, which equates to more chances to roll a six.

Four shots, on average, your BS2 hits with one of them, which gives you three re-rolls for a total of 7 chances to get a six, so you should be pulling off about 1 Precision shot per turn.

loota packs are gr8 though .. all those extra bits...

i tend to run 42 lootas when im being cheesy...

but if you end up with spare guns they are great for making snazzgitz and meganobs

Battle-Brother

Meks can have their uses if you are running lootas or burnas in a transport (particularly in a battlewagon). I also sometimes run a couple with lootas behind an aegis defence line next to a looted wagon with boom gun. Whilst their BS is rubbish i've played a couple of games where my meks have taken out a vehicle with lucky kustom mega blasta shots (always funny to see your opponents face when that one happens).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast