BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Scout

I already built three Traitor Knights that I was using the old Apocalypse datasheet rules for, which I can still do anyway - I never play GW events so it doesn't really matter. If we do eventually get updated rules for Chaos Knights, that'd be great but I'm not holding my breath.

Khorne Knight

[URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Allykz666/media/40k%20Khorne/BerserkerKnightTitan001.jpg.html][/URL]

Nurgle Knight

[URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Allykz666/media/Nurgle%2040k/ContagionKnightDone001.jpg.html][/URL]

And the unfinished Slaanesh one.

[URL=http://s105.photobucket.com/user/Allykz666/media/Distortion%20Knight%20Titan%20of%20Slaanesh/DistortKnightSpeakers001_zpsfa26f56f.jpg.html][/URL]

Nothing stopping anyone from having Chaos Knights, as long as you have gaming buddies who are cool with house rules.

Librarian

Yeah, I'm a little unhappy with the way the Knight has been marketed - either GW is just unbelievably ignorant when it comes to their customer base's behavior, or they deliberately left the "who can use 'em" question vague in order to boost pre-orders. I've got no problems with hype, and the Knights definitely deserve it, but the way they were introduced as possibly able to ally with anything was just this side of dishonest.

That said, when it comes to Chaos, I've got a feeling they'll have a Knight option of some sort soon. ForgeWorld has noted that their plans, re: the Knight kit won't be announced 'till "after Saturday," which leads me to believe that we'll be seeing kit mods within the week. A Chaos version seems pretty pretty likely in the near future, too. Remember that FW, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, does pretty well by Chaos. Relic Predators, Storm Eagles, Spartan Assault Vehicles, Kharibdys Assault Pods, etc - they've got a habit of making sure their Heresy Era vehicles make it into Chaos hands as well.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    The legions have more "right" too unique rules than the space marine chapters ever will.
    Well, no, they really don't - and I say this as a guy who's had a Word Bearers army since the nineties. Whatever one thinks of the Legions/Renegades/mixed Warband split, the fact is that a mixed Chaos army has always been the standard. Even back in the legendary days of the 3.5 book, Legion rules were a few pages piggybacking on the large, unrestricted Chaos list.

Conversely, Space Marines ain't do that. When the Ultramarines go to war, they do it as a singular, coherent fighting force. Even when they're allied with other Chapters, a'la Armageddon, squads of Blood Angels and Space Wolves don't just hang around in the army like Plague Marines and Berzerkers do - those Marines have their own command structure to adhere to. There's no real analogue to this in Chaos - the Space Marines, so long as they're going to have Chapter rules, should have them at all times.

Knights can be used in any army in apocalypse. Knights are super heavy so can't be used in 40k without apoc or escalation.

Quite frankly the current Rules for allying make very little sense; to anyone but the design team. So throw then out, agree that you are playing with the aim of having fun, not being examed on following GW rules as closely as possible.

The rules are a guide not the law. If your opponant thinks otherwise I suggest they read the start of the rule book again.

I'll be using knight with every army I own, including Nids; thanks to my hypnotic brood lord and geanstealer cults.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    I'd need an actual legit Brit to confirm this, but I strongly suspect that they were giving us stick-in-the-butt Americans a rules set to do it because goodness knows we can't be trusted to just have fun with the game, what with our obsession with rules and stuff.
    Ok you got us Phill and I were having a chuckle about this in my Ferreira only a few weeks ago, just after sinking a few drinks at bugmans on the way to an "dancing establishment" in Nottingham, sorry Phil
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Like you I'm a massive IW player back in 3rd/3.5 Ed, not been a fan of any of the CSM codex after 3.5 Ed but that maybe because it was such a strong codex. I also contemplated on buying 2-3 of the new knights even converting then to hold their weapons, but now looks like i will wait till the 8th of march and see what the codex says

You know, I'd be more inclined to take this thread as something other than whining for its own sake if people waited until they'd seen the rules before they start complaining about them ...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    You know, I'd be more inclined to take this thread as something other than whining for its own sake if people waited until they'd seen the rules before they start complaining about them ...
    I'd be more inclide to take this post as something other than apologist trolling for sake of trolling, If it wasn't such a cliche statement that has been proven inaccurate time and time again.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

But the difference between the Knight and Chaos Lord of Skulls is that it uses a Force Org slot Lord of War and the knight doesn't. Then we would to at least hit 2000pts for an army, correct?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    Knights are super heavy so can't be used in 40k without apoc or escalation.
    They can be used in normal 40k just fine.

Brother-Sergeant
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

I've noted that there is a fair amount of (justifiable) rage from chaos players about their codex, and I agree, the last two Chaos codex have been... Bland... at best. Which is interesting, as when I started playing 40k (2nd ed) Chaos rated as one of the more broken factions (Space Puppies being the worst by far, Eldar and Chaos jostling for 2nd tier).

Why this is interesting is because a lot of the current game designers at GW would be around my age (34), and probably from a similar 'vintage' of 40k players. I wonder if the current Chaos Codex is a holdover from that, a lingering dread of watching Abbadon (or any suitably tooled up chaos lord) solo-kill half an army?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast