BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Letting powerful armies have a new powerful unit might actually be game breaking. I don't know if it is, but it could be.
    What are you smokin' bro?

Can I have some? It sounds good
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    What are you smokin' bro?

Can I have some? It sounds good

CSM is kind of middle of the pack right, still strong against some but not the best. Daemons do very, very well. Maybe not against Eldar with 2++ shenanigans or 5 Riptides, but then again who does? I can see Daemon armies with all these tough to kill units now having access to another tough to kill scoring unit being pretty strong. Same goes for CSM armies. Probably wouldn't be game breaking, but we really don't know until we'll see them in action after a few events. I haven't played against them, but I can definitely see how they would be useful in both armies.

Chapter-Master

Daemons are a distant third to Tau and Eldar, and their strongest builds preclude the points required to take near-400pt Knights. It would weaken the army, not make it stronger. Plus, the Knights aren't all that special. They're not something that's likely to suddenly dominate the tournament scene. They're decent, not great.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Daemons are a distant third to Tau and Eldar, and their strongest builds preclude the points required to take near-400pt Knights. It would weaken the army, not make it stronger. Plus, the Knights aren't all that special. They're not something that's likely to suddenly dominate the tournament scene. They're decent, not great.
    You're right, but I can't really take people seriously when talk about armies not being up to par with Eldar and Tau. The reason isn't because armies aren't as good as them or are bad (though some certainly are), it's just because Eldar and Tau are stupid good. I think people need to stop wanting their armies to all be as good as Eldar and Tau, and want those armies to be more in line with everything else. Now I know that will never happen, but it would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    You're right, but I can't really take people seriously when talk about armies not being up to par with Eldar and Tau. The reason isn't because armies aren't as good as them or are bad (though some certainly are), it's just because Eldar and Tau are stupid good. I think people need to stop wanting their armies to all be as good as Eldar and Tau, and want those armies to be more in line with everything else. Now I know that will never happen, but it would be nice.
    At the current rate that might only take 6-18 months depending on what happens with 7th ed.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415