BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I really wonder if the Lord of Skulls isn't the answer. it obviously wasn't hugely well received but I have to wonder with GW's push towards getting Superheavies included in 40k if they aren't purposely withholding things from Chaos players to try to push up sales of the big ugly mess? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a good idea, and even without Chaos buying Knights they'll sell 20 of them for every Lord that goes out, and I bet every Chaos player that BUYS a Lord of Skulls would probably buy a Knight or two instead/as well....

I'm not an apologist but why are things like this being discussed before the Codex is even released? In the original post you mention how there's been a lot of false rumours and then complain that based on rumours you don't believe Chaos will get knights and you call BS on rumours to the contrary. I would love Chaos to be able to take Knights and regardless of whether they can or not I am going to convert one up as it would look pretty cool. I don't see the point in worrying until we know 100% whether Chaos can take them or not.

We're only a few weeks into GW's new weekly release scheduling and rules in White Dwarf which I thought would be better but instead we're left with a 1-2 week period of uncertainty and speculation over rules.

Games Workshop seems to flip back and forth on how they want players to handle traitor versions of Imperial stuff.

Sometimes they act like it is expected and normal to use Imperial rules and just call it traitor stuff. (Statement that players should use Imperial Apoc units with Chaos armies, and the ability for IG to be allies with Chaos.)

Other times they act like that is exactly wrong, and that Chaos should use Chaos rules, and Imperials rules are off limits. (Prohibiting Inquisition and Knights from being allies with Chaos to count as traitor versions of them.)

Which is it, GW?

I actually don't care which of those options it is, I just want GW to be consistent about it.

Librarian

So I ask you, what would it take for you to accept that chaos has been given a short straw?
    -I already know Chaos has gotten the short straw. The moment we found out that Phil Kelly wrote the CSM Codex as an 'homage' to the previous one, we got a kick in the kidney. That's all it took for the jade to start falling over my eyes. A few playtests and a few months later, and when we started seeing other Codices get big special things that Chaos wasn't getting, and still no sign of God-Specific... anything? Well. I'm there. I've been there, sitting in my corner whining like a little brat, like many of us have, since 4th edition.

Do you really believe that GW is working on a chaos variant?
    -No, I don't. Forgeworld might be, but I doubt that too, and even if they are, we won't see it for a year or more, and by then there will be plenty of other things to complain about. If we're lucky, we'll FINALLY get our box of Chaos Chosen with the Helbrute release, but rumors aren't pointing that way and I'm not holding my breath.

What, given their past history, makes you think this?
    -Look at what we already have. Space Marines get a new kit for their regular Tacticals, and we're stuck with finecast Plague Marines, Thosuand Sons, and Noise Marines, and Khorne Berzerkers as old as 3rd edition. Not to mention the crappy treatment of Obliterators, and the useless addition of Mutilators and Warp Talons. We also still don't have proper Cultists or Havocs. Instead, we get dinobots.

And WHY if GW only cares for profit as you so commonly claim, would GW not want our money?
    -GW does care about money, and they show this in every way that they support the 'good guys', the Imperium. That's their bread and butter. Chaos is more like strawberry jam. Not everyone likes it, and it's not bread, and it's not butter, so it's really just an extra condiment that restaurants put at tables, but don't really expect anyone to take a lot of. They don't make as much money off of Chaos, so they invest more into the Imperium.
    -The irony here is that if they DID invest more money into Chaos, they'd get more back. More people would go to Chaos to represent the bad guys and spice up the tables a little more. Chaos has more conversion potential than any other army, except maybe Orks, period. There's money there, but GW probably thinks it's some sort of 'risk', whereas Imperium is a sure thing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Chaos has more conversion potential than any other army, except maybe Orks, period.
    DA BOYZ LOOT EVERYFINK!

I can't afford a looted Knight though.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

"I think that British wargaming culture is a little more friendly towards a certain freeform playstyle. Have a beer. Blow some stuff up. Use the models you own and don't worry about it - make up a cool story for why. Do some conversions. I dunno. It's all a game with tiny plastic man-barbies, and we're all these completely bizarre combinations of armchair generals, gearheaded statistical analysts, and ******* tiny plastic Pablo Picassos. What the hell, I don't even understand it anymore, and it's one of my favorite things to do."

You are my new best friend!

Why did these freeform-playstyle-Brits create hard and fast rules that say you cannot ally certain factions together at all? (The Come the Apocalypse ally rule.) Especially for combos that make perfect fluffy sense, such as Fallen Inquisitors or Chaos Knights?

Is this something where Brits know that when they say "Simply put, this kind of alliance cannot occur" they really mean "go right ahead, mate, its all for fun anyway!"
    Last edited by zenjah; 02-28-2014 at 02:34 PM.

You know what Chaos has that until now, Imperial Marines did not have? Access to a plastic Super Heavy. Chaos do. It's called a Lord of Skulls/Blood/whatever. So Chaos players really need to calm down.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=10151
    My Craftworld Arithym Project Log. Please have a look!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by zenjah View Post
    Why did these freeform-playstyle-Brits create hard and fast rules that say you cannot ally certain factions together at all? (The Come the Apocalypse ally rule.) Especially for combos that make perfect fluffy sense, such as Fallen Inquisitors or Chaos Knights?

Is this something where Brits know that when they say "Simply put, this kind of alliance cannot occur" they really mean "go right ahead, mate, its all for fun anyway!"
    I'd need an actual legit Brit to confirm this, but I strongly suspect that they were giving us stick-in-the-butt Americans a rules set to do it because goodness knows we can't be trusted to just have fun with the game, what with our obsession with rules and stuff.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Something people need to realise. This release isn't the space marine "superheavy" that balances out the baneblade, teeseract, khorne mobility scooter or so on.

This is a brand new, stand alone army. Its not relevant to poitnt o the mobility scooter, that has no bearing on the existance of this army or chaos access to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post

Personally I don't even touch my Chaos Space Marines anymore and I'm not going to get into all the other hot topics regarding them. However, it seems silly to me that Traitors can't take a Knight when everything in the fluff says they can. This is a big centre-piece model that could be used to great effect by an ailing codex/player-base, but Xenos get it instead?
    Guys, When EEL is jaded, well that should tell you soemthing
    Last edited by daboarder; 02-28-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast