BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Default storm ravens and wolves.... i know

ok so they seem to have been left hitching a ride....

i don't wanna hear the silly 'russ didn't fly' 'would have grown wings' or all those other taglines from a horrid time of no fluff in the codex.

but for all the flier supplement does not state wolves.... there is an armies on parade pic in WD (the nid issue last month) with a wolf raven.

are GW accepting that they can have them then?
    Last edited by Cpt Codpiece; 03-02-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Oddly enough, a recent cheap little Dark Angels tower defense game they released showed Dark Angels using Storm Ravens, so maybe they are gearing up for other Power Armoured armies to have 'Ravens. I'm hoping they do get them (and maybe also 'Talons) - Space Wolves should have access to aircraft, but probably wouldn't have their own, unique flyers.

Edit: Actually, Formations can be used by any army that they could ally with, right? So maybe the Space Wolf army you saw used the Stormwing Formation to get 'ravens and 'talons.
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 03-02-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Oddly enough, a recent cheap little Dark Angels tower defense game they released showed Dark Angels using Storm Ravens...
    Plants Vs Zombies 40,000

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer View Post
    Edit: Actually, Formations can be used by any army that they could ally with, right? So maybe the Space Wolf army you saw used the Stormwing Formation to get 'ravens and 'talons.
    cant embark on allied transports no wolf guard or dreads catching a lift on some conveniently painted blood angels with 'fox' tails LOL

it was definitely a SW only force, it was a small AoP RoB set up, not enough points for allies

Formations aren't allies maybe? How can anybody get on that Stormraven in the formation?

First-Captain

there's always the Storm Eagle if you're looking for a ride... better model by far anyway imho, and can take and deal more damage to boot...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

awww does the poor widdle space wolf not like having fluff rules that are detrimental, awww dats so cute......

Play a real army and learn to deal with it.

but seriously, while a lack of fliers was a problem when 6th started, these days its hardly a detriment and you have plenty of options that makes them less of an issue.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    awww does the poor widdle space wolf not like having fluff rules that are detrimental, awww dats so cute......

Play a real army and learn to deal with it.
    no im quite happy with the rules they have, im a new wolf lord.... having snagged a sweet deal on ebay on some 2nd ed metals.
    i fully intend on playing them as old school as possible with lots of GH and maybe a blob of claws with the obvious long fans in support.

just since my WG cannot teleport, and the drop pods are silly money for what they are.... id like the tactical flexibility of the raven and its transporting gunship nature, not as an aid to victory.

and then when i saw one IN A WHITE DWARF, then looked it up, finding its not an option in the DftS.... just wondering if there was some FAQ or other published notice top say its ok.

im still gonna make one, its half built from a project i was doing last year....

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    im still gonna make one, its half built from a project i was doing last year....
    depending on who you regularly play against, it can't hurt asking them to just let you play it - the more effort you put into the model the more likely you are to succeed
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Librarian

that was my plan, i intend on playing mainly in a close circle of friends.... definitely no tourney action... im too old for that drama.

maybe a few trips to my local GW (metro center) and TBH im sure the guys wouldn't have that much of a dummy spit, given its not GK and BA anymore.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast