BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Veteran Sergeant View Post
    After seeing the atrocity that is Thunderwolf Cavalry, I shudder to imagine the Wolfy Wolf Wolf Wolf fliers those goobers at GW have been coking up for this year's codex release.
    It's like this, but with wolves! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silverhawks_L59.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	7662

Chaplain

The Stormwing Formation while it could accompany Space Wolves as an allied detachment, is still considered Codex Space Marine and in its rules can only start out transporting or pickup and transport units chosen from Codex Space Marine.

It also does not qualify for any form of Chapter Tactics even if you paint it in Iron Hands colors and attach it to an Iron Hands primary detachment.

So apart from Forgeworld Flyers still nothing for wolves yet that isn't allied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gleipnir View Post
    The Stormwing Formation while it could accompany Space Wolves as an allied detachment, is still considered Codex Space Marine and in its rules can only start out transporting or pickup and transport units chosen from Codex Space Marine.

It also does not qualify for any form of Chapter Tactics even if you paint it in Iron Hands colors and attach it to an Iron Hands primary detachment.

So apart from Forgeworld Flyers still nothing for wolves yet that isn't allied.
    I don't use Ravens or Eagles as transports. They get shot up the second they hover.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Librarian

the issue i am having is that in WD they had an army WITH one, WITHOUT allies, in their armies on parade article last month.

that to me says its ok. as its the official mag. and they say themselves whats in the official stuff is game legal.

Chaplain

its not rules legal but prior to it being rules legal they had pictures of Ultramarine Stormravens too. WD and painting competitions often paint and model for what looks cool more so than worry about whats rules legal or not.

Death from the Skies included rules for Space Wolf Aces and Flyers, so I imagine the Space Wolves will get access to something with their Codex when its their turn. Me I'm rooting for a sleigh pulled by 8 Flying Cyberwolves and Frost Bombs strapped along the runners.
    Last edited by Gleipnir; 03-05-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    awww does the poor widdle space wolf not like having fluff rules that are detrimental, awww dats so cute......

Play a real army and learn to deal with it.

but seriously, while a lack of fliers was a problem when 6th started, these days its hardly a detriment and you have plenty of options that makes them less of an issue.

Really? ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN. Like, that is all you do here. In fact there are several large threads going on right now where you are complaining about your armies not having access to whatever it is you want. And the second someone disagrees with you you call them a troll. And now you come in a do the exact same thing? This guy has a legitimate point right now. Sixth edition is the edition of Flyers, MC, and FMC. The armies (both 6th and 5th) that don't have access to them got the shaft. And with your logic above, your entire point about CSM not getting Imperial Knights is null and void. Take them as part of an IG army, and then ally that with CSM. I play DA so I understand where this guy is coming from. Sure I can tke the formation for a Storm Raven and two Storm Talons (which I don't even want, would rather have a second Storm Raven) but that doesn't really help. I still can't put my dudes inside. And people like to mention Storm Eagles. While they are very cool and much better than Storm Ravens, they are also more than twice as expensive money wise and a third more points wise.

And by the way, putting "I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid." in your quote doesn't make you any less of an *******, just a self aware one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sovereign View Post
    That fluff is outdated, if it ever existed in the first place. Wolves have access to the same fliers as the other Astartes chapters in every Black Library book in which they're featured. They were just inexplicably overlooked when the flier models were being passed out.

I'm thinking we'll probably get a nontransport flier with mediocre rules like the Dark Angels got in their 6th Ed codex. I'm fine with it, as I already have a storm eagle for use with my Wolves. Now that's a flier!
    Mediocre? I think you mean terrible rules on those DA fliers. They look so cool and are just so, so bad.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by LCS View Post
    Really? ALL YOU DO IS COMPLAIN. Like, that is all you do here. In fact there are several large threads going on right now where you are complaining about your armies not having access to whatever it is you want. And the second someone disagrees with you you call them a troll. And now you come in a do the exact same thing? This guy has a legitimate point right now. Sixth edition is the edition of Flyers, MC, and FMC. The armies (both 6th and 5th) that don't have access to them got the shaft. And with your logic above, your entire point about CSM not getting Imperial Knights is null and void. Take them as part of an IG army, and then ally that with CSM. I play DA so I understand where this guy is coming from. Sure I can tke the formation for a Storm Raven and two Storm Talons (which I don't even want, would rather have a second Storm Raven) but that doesn't really help. I still can't put my dudes inside. And people like to mention Storm Eagles. While they are very cool and much better than Storm Ravens, they are also more than twice as expensive money wise and a third more points wise.

And by the way, putting "I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid." in your quote doesn't make you any less of an *******, just a self aware one.
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP[/url]
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?41195-Daboarders-Nids[/url]
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?41076-Daboarder-s-How-To-s-DIY!-SPORE-MINES[/url]!
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?40556-Daboarders-Nid-Review-and-Tactics[/url]

Does it suck that SW don't have fliers?
    Sure.
    Does it suck the DA fliers are bad?
    Sure

But the first SW players to complain about that are also the first to tell other armies to "suck it up", that its "Fluffy" or "Balanced" for things to be the way they are, which was the point of that post.

As to fliers, they are powerful, but they aren't all that, none of the major builds run with many of them.

Eldar (counsel and beast don't need it)
    Tau (Whats a flier, more tides)
    Daemons (Fateweaver, that is all)

So no not having fliers doesn't automatically gimp your army and SWs are still sitting pretty with a book with plenty of options.
    Last edited by daboarder; 03-06-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yes its annoying that wolves dont get access to ravens or talons, but its the limited amount of anti air that bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonFerret View Post
    Yes its annoying that wolves dont get access to ravens or talons, but its the limited amount of anti air that bothers me.
    SOB and Dark Eldar would like to have a word with you....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast