BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder
    Multi-melta power fist.

MAYBE a heavy flamer if you have the pts

I plan to mix it up and include a CC loadout on one of my three dreads though, just to switch up the target priority a bit.
    Multi-melta / power fist is a certainty (I have the Dark Vengeance model)

For the other two I was thinking of a Reaper Autocannon, a Power Fist and Power Scourge because I like the models for them combined with another Multi-melta. A single heavy-flamer should complete the "Mayhem Pack"

Not too sure about these formations... they might look funny (as in clownish) but I'm not really sold on them.
    I hopt the fearless rule on the Cult has a range, else this formation will be used with a Brute hiding somewhere back and 2 full tarpit fearless cultist units.
    The rest doesnt really adress their issues... the shock formation sounds intersting, but thats quite a few points and im not all to sure about them...

The Fearless rule doesn't have a range. Even if it did that wouldn't keep people from using them just as you described there.

It doesn't 100% solve the problem of Helbrutes, but most of that problem is shared with all armies when it comes to walkers, so I can't blame the 'Brutes on this one.

A range of 12" around the brutes would at least keep the brute and cultists together. As it is I can hide the cheapest possible brute somewhere back out of sight and advance with 70 fearless cultists.

The insanity table really hurts them...
    Schock them down, want to hit the tank with your precious meltas and end up running into the open.

The cover rule is probably the developer's carrot method to do just that, versus the stick method of forcing people to maintain some kind of range.

And if you really want to make the Cultists good, why not advance the Helbrute? If it dies the Cultists get Fearless and Hatred from the Zealot rule, so they lose nothing from moving it across the table with them.

aaaahhhh. you are right!

Confused it with crusader... lost in translation.

Yeah, if it was Crusader I really wouldn't have been as excited about the Helcult as I am.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031