BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Librarian

Am I the only one who sees the irony of a force that is in a timeless zone, is suffering from models not being updated?

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    So, if you do a little research, yes, there is some insight into GW's practices to be found.
    You might find insight into how they operate, but whether that model can be considered sane or accurate to the market the company operates in is a totally different question. But yeah, I appreciate what you've said Dark Link and I agree with you that on the whole their US strategy seems rather strange -- but I'm sure they've got it worked out somehow; at least long enough for the next five to ten years...we hope.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by lattd View Post
    Am I the only one who sees the irony of a force that is in a timeless zone, is suffering from models not being updated?
    Not sure if i should laugh or die a little inside....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    The plastic chosen are even better.........

Mind you IF the dreadnought was usable it would be cool......
    They are as useable as Loyalist Dreadnoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    They are as useable as Loyalist Dreadnoughts
    They may not be what they used to be but all these pictures are making me long for a relaunch of the basic SM Dread. Would love to see that kit have all the ranged options included. As a long term SM collector/player the more dreads I have the happier, Ironclad in a pod has use. It unnerves opponents to see an AV 13 melee monster in their board half so quick, which often distracts them to allow other forces to get up the board.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Dreads! and they do have their uses, i'd like to see them bumped a bit though, maybe AV13 for both and give an Ironclad more HP?

Imperial and Chaos Dreadnoughts both need a bit of a bump if you ask me.

Way back in 2nd Ed, they had slightly better versions of the standard weapons. Lascannons which could modify where they hit on a vehicle, HB and AC ignored their first Jam result each turn, Multi-Melta could melta or heavy flamer. Nothing exactly game breaking, but reason enough to want a Dread over a different weapons delivery platform (oh, and sustained fire Missile Launchers were fun too!).

Bit of that back, thankyouplease
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

And their front armour was pretty handy, although a little more complicated, I liked the way 2nd ed armour penetration worked, and the save system and cover giving a To Hit modifier, because it makes a damanging hit that much more difficult, conceptually seems more sensible than the cover save thing. Close combat was actually the worst thing in the world though

There was a whole lot of things I liked in 2nd. save modifiers, hit modifiers, weapon profile, damage tables, movement, PSI (omg how I always hoped for the fantasy style PSI phase to come back)...
    Combat was not good but not terrible either. I actually liked the emphasis on WS instead of pure A and parry was also a good rule. But it was slow as f.uck and handling 20 Hormagaunts was a real pain.
    Also some vehicle rules (especially small vehicles like bikes and jetbikes) where pretty time consumig... "So... I damage this jetbike... it goes off in a random direction and.... collides with another Jetbike... I pentetrate the armor and it explodes damaging 2 more jetbikes. The first jetbike is out of coontrol and collides with the Falcon over there, the other one crashes....

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast