BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Yey for Chaos!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Iron Father

Come on guys I think GW are really missing the mark here with this release. Sure it's going to be cool if proven, but we all know what will happen if and when the big 4 get their own codex/supplement. The excitement from the fans will be massive. I don't know their plans or release schedule but I do know what the majority of players in my area do want to see in the form of chaos supplements and judging by what's written over the internet they aren't alone in clamouring for the Legions / God Aligned rules.

I'm a huge fan of GW models and products, but some of you guys who blindly keep saying that GW are infallible in their release choices and schedules really are blinkered to others opinions.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I'm a huge fan of GW models and products, but some of you guys who blindly keep saying that GW are infallible in their release choices and schedules really are blinkered to others opinions.
    nobody is saying they are infallible, just pointing out that it is idiotic to complain about getting new releases to play with. for all we know GW might be doing a legion book and spending a long time on it to make it right, and are releasing an easier supplement in the mean time as a nice gesture to gamers.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Iron Father

I think it's fair to say Kirsten, there are a fair share of GW "apologists" on many of the forums as well as those who do nothing but complain about them either.
    But I don't think it's "idiotic" for someone to dislike a release choice over what could have been.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Librarian

Well, yay that Chaos is getting some attention.

Boo that it isn't the Legion or God-Specific stuff we've been SCREAMING about for YEARS.

But hey, codex alongside Helbrute release? Maybe it'll have some altered rules that'll actually make the Helbrute useful?

I'm actually interested to see what they do with this. Yes, it's just one renegade warband, but they've gotta have something more than just a different HQ IC and wargear right? What if there are other adjustments to some of the basic stuff, like Chaos Marines? This could be a blessing in disguise.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

This is either fake. Digital only or the wierdest marketing decision I've ever heard of

Wow man. How septic is that first page? Really guys? Are you serious?

I mean really what the actual **** inspired that? Not to mention the hyperbole and ignorance.

Hey mystery theres an old standard bearer article from years ago or so you might find enlightening. But I guess GW REALLY wants to get the legions right.......
    Last edited by daboarder; 03-03-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveModifier View Post
    Kids who got the Dark vengence book and liked the Chaos side, people who want to make an army that represents a newly falled force of Space Marines, GW are a business, they know what they want and they know what will sell, and obviously they've decided that a set of Legion books won't, at this moment, be the best thing to release, what if they plan on doing new Greater Daemon models in 9 months time and want to have books to help push those models?

Calling them morons based on this one rumour is ridiculous, you don't know their long term plans
    Why should I use any Chaos Codex/Supplement when I want to represent a "newly fallen force of Space Marines"?
    Is there any reason not to just use Codex: Space Marines?

The first things you do when you join Chaos:
    1) Line up all your Landraider variants, Land Speeder, Whirwinds, Razorbacks, Trikes... if you are done so fill all your droppods explosives and let them fall on top of your lined up vehicles.
    2) Tell your Terminators to get rid of these ridiculous Assault Cannons. Thunderhammers, Storm Shields and Cyclones...
    3) Tell your Techmarines and Chaplains to never ever use a Bike again because... thats why!
    4) Slaughter your Scout squads and burn their equipment.
    5) Forget about your training and run away if those pesky Loyalists kill a few of you and dont forget to form a gigantic blob of Marines as you dont know how to form combat squads anymore.

Fluffwise there is no reason to use Codes: CSM to represent ANY kind of Chaos Space Marines. Just go and use Codex: Space Marines and enjoy "count as rules" for your Favorite Legion.

Chapter-Master

Very odd choice for a codex. I'm not a Chaos player, but I would of thought something like World Eaters or Thousand Sons would be a better choice? Arent those more popular? That said, the choice does make me more curious and intrigued as to what will be in it!

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Why should I use any Chaos Codex/Supplement when I want to represent a "newly fallen force of Space Marines"?

1) Likely get mugged for all your best equipment by a larger, more established and better equipped warband
    2) Realise that you've also turned your back on your logistical support.
    3) And quite possibly killed a bunch of people kind of important to a functioning chapter when you turned (can't say I see Venerable Dreadnoughts quite agreeing to a spot of light heresy. Say good bye to your Techmarines pretty sharpish!
    4) Decide that having whatever ships you had to hand taken off you by the same people in 1) leaves you up a certain space creek...

Fluffwise there is no reason to use Codes: CSM to represent ANY kind of Chaos Space Marines. Just go and use Codex: Space Marines and enjoy "count as rules" for your Favorite Legion.
    There we go, an altogether more realistic representation of things.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post

1) Line up all your Landraider variants, Land Speeder, Whirwinds, Razorbacks, Trikes... if you are done so fill all your droppods explosives and let them fall on top of your lined up vehicles.
    2) Tell your Terminators to get rid of these ridiculous Assault Cannons. Thunderhammers, Storm Shields and Cyclones...
    3) Tell your Techmarines and Chaplains to never ever use a Bike again because... thats why!
    4) Slaughter your Scout squads and burn their equipment.
    5) Forget about your training and run away if those pesky Loyalists kill a few of you and dont forget to form a gigantic blob of Marines as you dont know how to form combat squads anymore.

That's all nice from a 'counts as' standpoint, but we shouldn't have to use the loyalist Codex to represent the bad guys.

That's just...

Wrong.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast