BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alas, I believe it is a "vehicle" so Mindshackle scarabs should not work on it...
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Yes Maelstorm you are right. The FAQ says a a non-vehicle enemy model in base
    contact so you can't mind control a walker. It has come up in a number of my games vs my Necron buddy, and he still does not like it.

Chaplain

Even better, put your Knights on a Skyshield platform with some Infantry scattered across it. The infantry will mean no enemies can teleport on up of it and any who do next to it will be out of line of sight. The Skyshield will protect them all through turn 2 from any shooting at which point the Knights can walk forward to grab objectives/assault. A Void shield generator could function similarly, defeating the Necrons teleport blitz and giving the Knight the extra turn it needs to assault the squad and wipe it out.

Since the Knight is a vehicle, you can always take the Necron Overlord with Mind in the Machine and turn the Knights weapons on his own troops. Place him in a Command barge for protection and movement.
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." ~ T. Pratchett

Initiate

Maelstorm I agree Mind of the Machine with a few stormteks would work if you can get them in range. What about Doom Scythes, str 10 and ap 1 would be great against them, plus Knights don't have weapons to affect flyers.

Alas, even Strength 10 AP1 with a PEN would only do d3 wounds per turn.

On the other hand, 2 Doom Scythes along with a ForgeWorld Necron Bomber (Strength 10 AP1 Large Blasts)....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12