BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Would you have a problem facing a Grot Guard Army with allied Nob Bikers? See below

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 18.06%
  • No

59 81.94%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just seen the comments on Facebook and I want to make something clear. I know a 3rd argument with a link to this poll ain't going to change the event's team decision which I feel is what some people suspect, that's why I'm working hard at the moment to complete the army and the alternative Baneblade model in time for the tournament.

The point of this poll was to find out if GW has a point and if the Nob Bikers were a step too far regarding the tournament setting (not just at Warhammer World).

I feel feedback is very important regarding converted armies and given the overall results and comments I'd say my Nob Bikers won't be attending any indie tournaments but might make an appearance at a campaign event.
    A LOG OF LOYAL SORCERERS & REBEL GRETCHIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    The fact you need a reference sheet 'just in case' is telling. Now you mention it I can tell auto/lascannon. But I can't tell that the squad is a veteran from an infantry from a conscript from a penal legion. And that is the problem.
    Umm, the same is true in an IG army using IG models -- there's no established way to model veteran, penal and regular units as different from each other using the standard GW minis -- to put it another way, GW haven't made veteran or penal minis yet.

And more generally to the thread, can we remember the difference between "proxy" and "counts as". Proxy means using one mini to represent another because you don't own the proper mini, whereas counts as is using different minis because you want to represent a unique army on the table that doesn't have a Codex currently.

I don't think it would be a problem to play against this army. As all the veteran squads are equipped identically, there's only 3 or 4 different units you have to keep in mind, which shouldn't be that hard.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123