BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Get on the same page and stop being Rats to the GW Piper (7e (6.1e))

The Community needs to get together (this has nothing to do with Pew-Pew);
    This is GW's new idea; [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_and_chessboard_problem[/url]
    Wheat and chessboard problem
    Imagine the squares were codices/supplements/FaQs/etc. and the grains of rice/wheat were RULES, now the cause and effect/affect of each rule on another rule is the total.
    Pretty simple really, KINSS; Keep It Not Simple Stupid. (see below)
    GW's new approach (6e) is everything including the kitchen sink is allowed, the more rules, the harder for the Interwebs to figure out, and thus BREAK the game (finding good units and lists verses crap units). (Helldrake was a good example of this, crap unit, FaQ drop, great unit)
    Breaking the game; makes GW units/products (crap units) sit on shelves and collect dust (= no sales).
    GW's old approach was every other edition;
    Make bad units in the game great in the new edition.
    Make great units in the game bad in the new edition.
    But the Interwebs were able to adjust and break the new edition/game in about a year (Fantasy 8e), and when a new book dropped, 30 days or less the Interwebs broke that also, so GW is seeing a slump in sales, and seeing product/stock that does not move. (Chaos Spawn was a good example of this, as Spawn were voted worst unit in both Fantasy and 40K, but now in 6e, they are good).

So, now we have GW dropping tons of rules, that are constantly changing the game, and the community is arguing up a storm, if to allow the rules or not, if players should or should not have copies of rules or not, models, blah, blah.
    So, if GW does release a 7e (or 6.1e), it will be in an attempt to wrestle control back from the Interwebs, and to force the community to use everything including the kitchen sink, because it will ALL be in a Main rulebook, as opposed to now, with supplements/extra scenario books/FW allowed/Fortification in box rules/etc. which are an option that are not in the main rulebook, and big tournaments and communities are saying no way to them.
    On the entire chessboard there would be 264 − 1 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains of rice/wheat, weighing 461,168,602,000 metric tons, which would be a heap of rice larger than Mount Everest. This is around 1,000 times the global production of rice in 2010 (464,000,000 metric tons).[7]
    Stop arguing and agree, Community, Indy Game Stores, and Tournaments get together!
    Make a stand either for or against everything including the kitchen sink.
    Making two types of Tournaments was a great start, now spread that to all Tournaments of all sizes in all Venues (local Tournaments), stop being individuals, and get together and make a stand.
    Stop being Rats to the GW Piper...

Note; Pew-Pew is not the subject.

Last edited by RexScarlet; 03-04-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Chapter-Master

Your page has gone

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

And this is why you shouldn't post whilst on psychtropic drugs, ladies and gentleman.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sorry I'm really confused. Do I stop or start being Rats to the GW Piper. Do you want me to make a stand either for or against everything including the kitchen sink?
    I thought GW's latest thing was to make cool looking models and care not for the rules.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    And this is why you shouldn't post whilst on psychtropic drugs, ladies and gentleman.
    +1

I remember when it took years between Codex updates, and people complained that their army didn't see any love. They harkened back to the good old days of the end of Rogue Trader, when White Dwarf constantly released rules that completely changed the game. Or 3rd/4th, when new armies were released in White Dwarf or Campaign Codices.

But now we're drowning in too much love - supplements for armies, Fortifications/Escalation giving you new possible units to add to your army, dataslates, faster codex production etc. So people complain even more.

"I thought GW's latest thing was to make cool looking models and care not for the rules."

That's always been GW's thing, really.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    Sorry I'm really confused. Do I stop or start being Rats to the GW Piper. Do you want me to make a stand either for or against everything including the kitchen sink?
    I thought GW's latest thing was to make cool looking models and care not for the rules.
    Did the word Stop confuse you, sorry...
    Did make a stand either way confuse you as well, sorry...
    So, errr, what cool "new" models? I see more NEW "Rules" dropping than "new" models, but thanks for the useless response, it was very helpful to prove my point of the problems, thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    So helpful, Thanx
    You are right, lets not try to help 40K and fix 40K problems, lets create more by never resolving anything...

Knights are new.

Chaos Helbrute is a new model with existing rules.

And you know, GW have always said what they provide is a framework, and if we want to go all off piste, they don't especially care either way.

Or is this more about you just wanting everyone to play your way?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Your wikipedia link is still broken

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast