BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RexScarlet View Post
    On the entire chessboard there would be 264 − 1 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains of rice/wheat, weighing 461,168,602,000 metric tons, which would be a heap of rice larger than Mount Everest. This is around 1,000 times the global production of rice in 2010 (464,000,000 metric tons).[7]
    *Dons the maths hat* (and yes, it is Maths, not Math, silly foreign types).....

I think you'll find, according to my indepth caluclations, that 264 - 1 does not in fact equal 18,446,744,073,551,615.00 but 263.

On account 263 is 264 - 1.

Unless you mean 264 to the power of one, which would be 264......
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

I like the design team better than event organisers. In terms of game balance (or lack thereof). I don't trust event organisers to bring what the authors can't - most event organisers pander to the tourney scene.

PS why is this news or rumours?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    *Dons the maths hat* (and yes, it is Maths, not Math, silly foreign types).....

I think you'll find, according to my indepth caluclations, that 264 - 1 does not in fact equal 18,446,744,073,551,615.00 but 263.

On account 263 is 264 - 1.

Unless you mean 264 to the power of one, which would be 264......
    He's missing the exponents. And all the rest of the math that would explain why its relevant. And while 264-1 is relevant to the wheat and chessboard problem, I'm not sure why it's particularly relevant to the discussion. Tournament players aren't happy with some of the new stuff, not because it's too complex to wrap our heads around with a little practice, but because a lot of it is massively imbalanced to the point of utterly ruining 40k as a potentially competitive game.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

This debate has no place in rumors or news as it is not neither. Nor is it coherent or logical. At best the non-sequiturs make my brain ache trying to infer the intent of the author, at worst we are all worse off for even attempting to comprehend it.

There are three steps in presenting a case simply:
    1. State your position. The answer you want the audience to agree with. "Tell them what you are going to tell them"
    2. State your supporting facts. Connect the dots. Start from point A and arrive at point B. "Tell them."
    3. State your position. Repeat your conclusion. "Tell them what you just told them."

I have no idea what you really need the wheat rice problem in this discussion for other than to make yourself appear more intelligent than you may be. All you needed to state was GW is making their rules more complex and it makes your life A)harder or B)simpler. You want everyone to A) tell them to stop or B) tell them to continue. Because you are/are not happy that GW is making their rules more complex.

Which in my esteemed view means everyone just go about your business so long as you have an opinion on the matter. Everyone else needs to form one.

And since we are referencing the "interwebs" indispensable body of knowledge for no real purpose. Here's some extremely intelligent people failing at math:

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww[/url]

1+2+3+4+...+infinity= -1/12 is false.

Yes, this is in jest.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhan Land View Post
    this is not the best mathematical concept to help illustrate GW problem.

a better analogy might be any irrational number, as GW tried to examine the problem in further detail, further detail emerges.
    Smells like heresy >.>

[QUOTE=Mr Mystery;400499]Knights are new.

Chaos Helbrute is a new model with existing rules./QUOTE]
    Knight, with new Rules, check.
    Hellbrute, existing rules, and an entire New Codex of rules, check
    Not about playing my way, just pick ANY way (or two) that is/are consistent, not rocket surgery...

GW have done.

It's all playable and fair game at their events.

Outside of that, it's each individuals decision.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    That's always been the way though.

Tournaments have their preferences. House rules anyone?

It's an integral part of the hobby.

Just relax about it. Even stuff that is official faces unofficial restrictions in some areas. And it's not GW doing it.
    The Community (BoLS, players, etc.) and Tournaments have much more influence on the game as a whole than GW, IF, the community would get together.

Quote Originally Posted by jonsgot View Post
    You want a handful of event organisers to decide what should or should not happen.
    You just don't care what does or does not happen?
    You want the community to make a decision on what should or should not happen and then petition those who have the power to control it.

The current rate of book release is too fast for me, but I wouldn't want to go back to the 5e release rates.

Things will sort themselves out. The events that grow will be copied by those that don't. If they all grow it will be a miracle considering GW falling sales.
    Exactly, well said.
    Yes, kind of, the Community as a whole should decide, not just a few TI's.
    Yes, I personally do not care, as long as there is a decision. But my vote would be only two types of game (see below).
    Yes, everyone on the same page (or at least on two or three pages, lol) as it is now, everyone is on completely different pages.
    Yes, for instance, lets say there was; a strict codex and Main rulebook only game, and an open everything and the kitchen sink game, great, then players could pick one, as it is now, players are constantly arguing about what to use and what not use, which is definitely hurting the community, and stifling the growth of new players, etc.
    Same page. (note Pew-Pew not topic and not influenced)
    Release rate to fast for most.
    Not hard for GW to bring all Codices up to date at the same time (when new main edition drops) with E-Dexs, so no excuses here.
    I hope so.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RexScarlet View Post
    that is/are consistent, not rocket surgery...
    Sounds painful
    Last edited by Lukas The Trickster; 03-04-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    When I was younger, they all laughed at me when I told them I wanted to be a comedian - they're not laughing now!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast