BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Imperial Knight Conversions - Quindia Studios

The first thing I did when I started my new Imperial Knight kit was break out a jewelers' saw and cut the left leg in half below the knee...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	6657 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	7645Click image for larger version. 

Views:	11604 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	7646Click image for larger version. 

Views:	1846 
Size:	120.7 KB 
ID:	7647

I wanted my model climbing through the rubble of a ruined building, but the same build could be used to make a knight charging across open terrain (3rd pic). The only fiddly bit of modeling was replacing the hose on the left leg.

I will have a step by step tutorial on my blog in a few days, but I just wanted to post these pics for those thinking about doing similar things. The rest of the construction should be by the numbers and boring.

I hesitate to rush the assembly of the arms until we see what kind of goodies FW comes out with. It would be awesome if they produce complete arm kits because you won't need magnets to swap them out, but I am afraid they might only make lower arm additions that would require you to use the shoulder joints in the main kit. I haven't decided on a house or faction yet anyway so I'm not in a hurry...

Chapter-Master

Awesome pose - still a little sprue line on the legs/feet though. Looking forward to the finished article.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    Awesome pose - still a little sprue line on the legs/feet though. Looking forward to the finished article.
    Yep... Not finished filing, etc...

First-Captain

bit too dynamic for me if I'm honest - I just can't imagine a Knight doing Yoga (OK exaggerated but still...)
    not that it can't look nice once the rest of the model is actually there, mind you - I sure am curious how this turns out! Surprise me
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrendian View Post
    bit too dynamic for me if I'm honest - I just can't imagine a Knight doing Yoga (OK exaggerated but still...)
    not that it can't look nice once the rest of the model is actually there, mind you - I sure am curious how this turns out! Surprise me
    LOL... should be similar to the pose from the artwork when it's finished...

Name:	Imperial Knight Errant.jpg 
Views:	4250 
Size:	232.7 KB 
ID:	7661

The leading leg has the thigh parallel to the ground with the trailing leg stretched out behind. My moth-like attention span has been distracted by another knight conversion (which I will also post), but I'll get this first guy finished in a couple of days...

Brother-Sergeant

The mini tutorial is up for the yoga knight and I'll be assembling the torso and weapons today, but I wanted to post the second conversion that interrupted the first... an Imperial Warden!

Name:	Imperial Warden 01 96dpi.jpg 
Views:	4792 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	7686

There are still details to add and none of the armor or weapons are glued down as I want to paint everything in sub-assemblies (still not sure on the color scheme). As before I'll post conversion notes on [URL="http://quindiastudios.blogspot.com/"]my blog[/URL].

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by quindia View Post
    The mini tutorial is up for the yoga knight and I'll be assembling the torso and weapons today, but I wanted to post the second conversion that interrupted the first... an Imperial Warden!

Name:	Imperial Warden 01 96dpi.jpg 
Views:	4792 
Size:	204.3 KB 
ID:	7686

There are still details to add and none of the armor or weapons are glued down as I want to paint everything in sub-assemblies (still not sure on the color scheme). As before I'll post conversion notes on [URL="http://quindiastudios.blogspot.com/"]my blog[/URL].
    since I apparently got to name the first one, might as well have a go at this one too...
    I dub thee Sir Fierce Fuzzy Chick
    as a cross between these two:

Name:	i-am-fierce.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	7695

Name:	funny-pictures-tiny-bird-is-fierce.jpg 
Views:	1075 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	7698

*do not take this too seriously - not trying to be rude or demean your work at all!!! that's just what immediately popped into my mind...*
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Brother-Sergeant

Yep... I always liked this design with the t-rex arms...

Great stuff, how did you do it?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Brother-Sergeant

Working on a bit of a tutorial, but basically I left the ball off of the waist, glued the torso on a forward angle directly to the hips, mounted the plate that holds the head so it would be perpendicular to the ground (rather than facing down as the new torso angle would require) and give it the hunchbacked look of one of the old warden designs. The arms retain the original kit shoulder sockets with the struts trimmed away and with guns from the SM Stalker glued on. The missile launcher is made from both launchers from the Valkyrie kit, a bit of plastic rod, and random parts from my bits box (no idea where they originally came from).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast