BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: personal update

First-Captain

Condolences Bols chum.

so sorry for your loss try to remember your not alone .

Awfully sorry to hear this. For what it's worth to you, the BoLS crowd seems to know you and offer their support which is very valuable, even if it might not make a difference right now.

One day at the time, dude.
    "What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullsh*t, man!"

Iron Father

I'm really very sorry for your loss, I remember from your previous posts that you have had a really rough time of it.
    I sincerely hope things get better for you and the rest of 2014 only gets better. The BoLs community really is a supportive one and even though we yank each other's chain from time to time it's great we can share with each other.
    Onwards and upwards my friend
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Thank you. Everyone.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Brother-Captain

*Trans-pacific slightly awkward man-hug*
    I'm rubbish at words with this stuff.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

First-Captain

I'm very sorry to hear that, Gwensdad.

I lost my mom back in college. It's not something you deal with easily. My best suggestion is this: take some time each day to actively find something beautiful in the world around you. See it, and consciously feel a bit of joy. It won't make things magically better, but it will serve to keep you from going in a downward spiral. Those are hard to stop once you're on the ride.

The stupid *** adage about time is unfortunately true. The hurt doesn't go away, it just gets a bit easier to deal with moving forward. The first couple years of holidays are not going to be fun. You'll need to try harder on those days to find something joyous or beautiful. If you drink, or otherwise engage in mood/mind altering behavior--I recommend taking a hiatus for awhile. For me, I was in college, so going out with friends for drinks & dancing was fairly common. I didn't touch a drop for about 6 months. Because it was all too tempting to start, and then not stop.

Peace, and don't hesitate to reach out to people, local or online.

-Scad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12