BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new wave 4 pics

Ah, well, apologies for spoiling a bit then, but in my defense they are 20 years old at this point. I'm glad I at least didn't drop any hints to the spy's identity in my comment on that one, even if I vaguely spoiled everything else...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Ah, well, apologies for spoiling a bit then, but in my defense they are 20 years old at this point. I'm glad I at least didn't drop any hints to the spy's identity in my comment on that one, even if I vaguely spoiled everything else...
    You didn't spoil anything. Its fine. By the time I get to the parts your talking about I would have slept and thing don't tend to hang around in my brain much when I do that.
    I didn't do it. You can't prove i did it. Ok I'm sorry send me the bill.

As much as I enjoyed reading the novels on many levels they were really terrible.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Terrible? I haven't read them but I'd expect they'd be literary masterpieces, like all tie-in fiction.
    "What are they gonna say? That he was a kind man? That he was a wise man? That he had plans, man? That he had wisdom? Bullsh*t, man!"

Chapter-Master

Stop ruining my favourite star wars novels

AND Corran Horn is so totally a X-Wing pilot ffs...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

The novels weren't terrible, just some elements of them. Women, ridiculously fanwanky characters a few other things I've forgotten...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I can get onboard the Horn is OP thing though, but they're mostly written from his POV(or Wedge "greatest active fighter pilot in the galaxy" Antilles), if it was a game he'd be the player character.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    I can get onboard the Horn is OP thing though, but they're mostly written from his POV(or Wedge "greatest active fighter pilot in the galaxy" Antilles), if it was a game he'd be the player character.
    To be fair though, Wedge at least is pretty much established in the films to be a total badass. He's the only pilot shown on screen to live through all three movies, without the benefit of the plot armor conferred by being a main character or the Force. He's just that good.

As for the Corran in an E-wing thing, I think Rogue Squadron switches to them at some point? I never got that far in the EU but I seem to recall that coming up in Star Wars encyclopedia or vehicle guide I had or something like that.

Chapter-Master

No Rogue Squadron remains an X-Wing unit. Unless its in the comics?

They've flown things other than X-wings, both before and after they were a squadron, though they keep returning to X-wings as they get updated from time to time. They definitely have flown E-wings, so it's not totally weird for Horn to be flying one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast