BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Bare Head or Helmet for Kharn?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bare Head

8 40.00%
  • Helmet

12 60.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Project: Blood God

Hello everyone.

I just came home after a long shift to find my much awaited present from a friend on my kitchen table. Oh boy you cannot get how excited I am!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 00.08.35.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	7739Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 00.08.50.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	156.4 KB 
ID:	7740Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 00.09.33.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	7741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 00.09.38.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	7742

That's right! Kharn is here!

Basically, my mate noticed that I have an awesomely painted Angron, and as a present for having him over he bought me Kharn.

Now, I know what you're thinking; "Is TDA going to do World Eaters as a Horus Heresy army?" and the answer to that is I don't really know.
    At first I was put off by all of the white, but I painted Angron easy enough, and both him and Kharn are super gorgeous! I love the Rampagers (bar the heads, and I can put helmets on them) and the Red Butchers. I can think of a load of awesome choppy conversions. But do I want to do them? Or would I rather dedicate myself to my favourite Legion, the Thousand Sons? Or even the Night Lords?

You'd think, having Angron and Kharn, the two main figureheads of the 12th, that I'd go for them... Who knows? Feel free to comment below on your opinions, and I'm going to think it over...

Another talking point that I want your opinions on... Helmet, or Bare Head for Kharn? Cast your vote!
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

I like the Bare head, if only because its different, and different is good. I understand when people say bare heads are impractical, but this is 40k. It is an exercise in the impractical cranked up to 11
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Normally I'd say helmet, but the bare head's a better fit for his pose - looks forward more naturally, judging from the FW pics.

He's quite forward, definitely reminiscent of Angron.
    What do you think about my Legion conundrum?

Washed, partially built (I'm not building a lot of him, because I really want to do an ace paint job, so parts painting is the key!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 01.22.13.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	7743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 01.22.19.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	7744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 01.22.26.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	7745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-03-07 01.23.14.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	7746

Apologies for the lens flare, it's late and the camera is like "f*ck this"

Well, on the note of the Legion, if you were excited about painting Angron, and are still excited about painting Kharn, then you'd probably have fun with the rest of them, right?

Maybe try painting 5 basic infantry, or plastic test minis. See if you like the Legion enough to paint your way through the cannon fodder.

Ahhhhh! I like that idea, I think I may just do that.

Bare head man! How else are you supposed to feel the blood against your face and the thunder of war in your ears?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Ahhhhh! I like that idea, I think I may just do that.
    Glad to be of service, Lord Helix. And hey, worst case scenario, Kharn and Angron get some mooks to pal around with/accidentally decapitate when on the display stand.

Good point Bird Jesus.

Keep voting guys, I want to hear your voices.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon the Despoiler
    Only a fool takes Khârn for a mindless brute or rabig dog. Under that blood-soaked helm lurks an intelligence and cunning that makes him a masterful killer - trust me when I say that there is a dark purpose in his madness

Helmet.
    Kharn back then was portrayed as learned and sensible out of battle, so he'd hardly forget his helmet before setting off.
    Last edited by Psychosplodge; 03-07-2014 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Added quote

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast