BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by josiah View Post
    drop pods can fire on the trun they land. when they deep strike it like they moved 6 in.

having 3 TFC they all ways live more then one turn.

Assualt Terminators are on the bored on turn one but, teleport via Librarian's gate of infinity.

i must have Lysande, kantor, or calgar as an HQ to "stop" Psychic Battle Squads from making me fall off the bored.

Termies in Land Raiders are 4th ed, to much melta, to much st 10, to many points in 5th
    Drop Pods aren't fast vehicles, unless that got FAQ'd.

They're still walking, and Gate can be shut down, not to mention the usual problems with Deep Striking (Mystics, proper deployment, placing 11 big bases anywhere).

3 AV10 artillery pieces that get destroyed by any penetrating or glancing hit? The epitome of survivability compared to those silly tissue box Land Raiders.

Yes, Psykers. Just use transports, or just gun down the T3 dudes, or bring a hood.

4th ed? You mean the edition where missile launchers could destroy them and storm shields and PotMS weren't awesome? Too many points? At 2500?

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by mkerr View Post
    I'd really like to see how your IG army handles the list (I've played both of your Ard Boyz lists recently). I think you've got the shots to really hurt the Librarian + Assault Terminators, but those guys are pesky.

Hopefully we'll see the match up in the next round.

-- MKerr
    i do believe that i would come out on top of your army nick, because i had a army like yours in mind when i made the list. i do believe that i would have a problem with a mech eldar list what can i do for this. and i do not want to fight nick i want to go to Chicago with him. last Ard Boyz i did not need the 3rd TFC but this one i may need it more then ever for horde list " i"m not playing austin player any more"
    Last edited by josiah; 08-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.

I would drop one of the thunder fire cannons if not all three of them to be honest. You will do fine against horde orks with just normal troops on the board running flamers.

As for eldar you need something that is going to be able to take out either Wave serpent spam or Seer council bikes. The seer council you don't have to worry to much as anything they are going to attack is either going to get stalled our die. You have no big tanks for them to go hunting. They might go after Dreads but that is about it.

You would need to get some str 7/8 weapons in the list if you could or even assault cannons to help take out wave serpents. I would suggest Razorbacks but they are too fragile and devastators are too expensive. You won't win playing the game of Eldar so it will go down to the mission. If its a objective try to bunch up and hold on to some and you are going have to grind it out. make sure everything is supported by two or three units for counter attacks and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwynn View Post
    I would drop one of the thunder fire cannons if not all three of them to be honest. You will do fine against horde orks with just normal troops on the board running flamers.
    Honestly, I wouldn't change anything in the list (besides dropping one of the TFCs for more Scouts) because you've had a lot of practice with the list. Sure there are a couple of armies that are going to be challenging, but your odds of facing them are low.

And, even if you get a tough army, they probably aren't going to be prepared for the way you are using the Assault Terminators. So unless you get a repeat game with a local player, you'll pull out a couple of nice tricks and crush them.

Best of luck!

-- MKerr
    Check out my new Blog! --- http://www.ChainFist.com
    Follow me on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/40kNEWS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12