BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default General Discussion about Generalities

I just read the BOLS article about the Legion of the Damned Dex, apparently just released, and I've been thinking kind of as a time line from the end of 5th ed. to now; does it seem like 40k is more broken and confusing than normal (or ever)? I'm glad that GW's "diversifying", but it just seems a bit more out and out and wtf to me. I would like your thoughts on this. I can provide examples, but wanted to keep the post short for attention span's sake.
    Good Tactical acumen + Bad Dice Rolls = Chronic Systems Failure / Turn 3 concession

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    I just read the BOLS article about the Legion of the Damned Dex, apparently just released, and I've been thinking kind of as a time line from the end of 5th ed. to now; does it seem like 40k is more broken and confusing than normal (or ever)? I'm glad that GW's "diversifying", but it just seems a bit more out and out and wtf to me. I would like your thoughts on this. I can provide examples, but wanted to keep the post short for attention span's sake.
    I think its awesome.

No longer do we have to wait years to get more content for the factions we love and adore.

As an ulthwe player, I'm hoping and praying that we get some love in the next 12 months.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I think its awesome.

No longer do we have to wait years to get more content for the factions we love and adore.

As an ulthwe player, I'm hoping and praying that we get some love in the next 12 months.
    yup, and with the not-so-new-anymore release shedule that's not a pipe dream but a very real possibility, especially since Supplements largely seem to slip under the Rumor Radar (I for one had heard neither of the Crimson Slaughter nor of LotD until shortly before they hit), which also is kinda awesome - leaves room for surprises!
    but it can get rather confusing admittedly...
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Keeps everyone on their toes too, and interest piqued.

After all, Eldar have now had their Codex. In the previous days, that's it. Thank you Vienna, see you in about 5 years, may be more if we really can't be arsed.

Today? Who knows. Surprise Codex could be brought out at any point, and cover anything.

It's nice, and should have shaken up 'flavour of the month' gaming across the world.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It's really the way the digital stuff is handled. I don't think anyone is complaining about the release rate of the physical codex and supplement books. What makes it absolute chaos is digital editions releasing months ahead of a physical copy, or digital-only supplements, coupled with the fact that the digital-only books don't appear on the standard GW site within the army sections. They lagged way behind on offering digital options to the customers that were asking for them for years, and then in the span of a few months they contracted ebook-madness and left the customers that want to buy physical copies behind.

At the very least, there should be a single page that lists all the Primary and Supplemental Codex books, along with the dataslates and digital-only releases and what everything can be used with. That would clear up the confusion.

Chaplain

Yeah, I'm also hoping to see another craftworld get a supplement in the near future. Ulthwe seems to be the logical choice. I just hope it doesn't become a 100 page book about Eldrad. I love the character but he does get over used a little bit.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an Altansar(Maugan Ra's craftworld) supplement. The back story for them has got to be interesting plus they could have some very unique rules compared to the other craftworlds.

Overall, I like the pace of the book releases. There seems to be a new data slate or supplement each month. The only one that I didn't care for was the Crimson Slaughter book. I truthfully thought it was going to be a Tyranid supplement based around the Red Terror when I first heard the name. Just seems to me that there are some older factions that could use the love instead of the Crimson Slaughter.

Chaplain

I do like the pace that new goodies are being released at. Only downside is its getting a bit crazy rules wise with all the ally shenanigans etc. It just feels too all over the place and less streamlined. You can have like 5 armies in one list or something nutty like that =/

Chaplain

The release rate including Digital products is just fine.

What is lacking is a good FAQ errata release rate to accompany it. It could be as simple as including an ask the editor section in White Dwarf where we get 5-10 questions answered a week, then having someone compile them to the website once in awhile.

Chaplain

It kinda reminds me of the "good ol' days" in the 1990's when there would be alternate army lists published in White Dwarf. Sometimes they were good, sometimes they were bad, and sometimes they were BOTH (I'm looking at YOU, Feral Orks!)

Chapter-Master

I think its awesome.

It would be really, really nice if they had any quality control, though. How did they miss that the Legion auto-loses T1? I mean, I get that they don't intend it to be a standalone, but that's straight amateur hour right there.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast