BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Tigurius Gift of Prescience

Just a few question that go hand in hand with this:

1) Can the re-roll be used whilst he is off the board? Say for example, you're rolling for him + unit to come in?

2) If yes, how does it work if he is part of an allied unit (battle brothers)?

Yes, your army still "contains" Tigurius even if he is off the board. If he's leading a unit from another detachment ... I'm going to think out loud here for a bit. Is that unit part of Tigurius' detachment or not? The truth is that it contains models that are part of Tigurius' detachment (Tigurius himself) and models that are not part of Tigurius' detachment). So are you rolling for the arrival of a unit that is part of Tigurius' detachment or not?

My narrative gut says that Gift of Prescience should still apply, since that's what special forces do. If the guy leading your squad is prescient, well, that's all you really need. Everybody else just needs to follow him.

But I think the better RAW response is that Gift of Prescience does not apply. As page 39 notes, an IC who has joined a unit "counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes." The reverse is not necessarily true. So it seems like a closer RAW response to me to say that Tigurius takes on the character of the squad he joins (which is not part of Tigurius' detachment).

Chaplain

Well it wouldn't be part of his detatchment - no - since he would be in a battle brothers unit