BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Which is a big red herring, because while technically you can get a second use, it's still extremely limited and overall a pretty bad ability. More importantly, this is all speculation. He is concerned that it might happen, because, yes, some abilities have become one use only or something similar. I personally wouldn't be too worried about that, but since this is just speculation there really aren't any facts to go off of, and it's perfectly fine to hold an opinion like that. Meanwhile, mods have already deleted one of your posts, and from your rhetoric in this post and in a couple of other threads it doesn't sound like you took that as a warning. Go read the forum rules, and come back for a friendly, civil debate on the matter. All you need to do is say "I disagree with you, and this is why", rather than "you're a ****ing *******".
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I too am disappointed. Disappointed it isn't a Dark Eldar release.

*drops mic, leaves*
    Well, there is that

To the OP, I too am disappointed. Not really keen on any of the new models except the Hydra, and I still think the FW one looks better. The Taurox is obviously meant to be an MRAP, but a really poor design attempt IYAM. I definitely won't be adding any to my army. I was really hoping for them to fill out the actual guard range in plastic because many of the non-Cadian regiments (particularly Steel Legion) are quite popular. Oh well, I guess I will wait on Dreamforge to release the rest of their APCs variants.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    Well, there is that

To the OP, I too am disappointed. Not really keen on any of the new models except the Hydra, and I still think the FW one looks better. The Taurox is obviously meant to be an MRAP, but a really poor design attempt IYAM. I definitely won't be adding any to my army. I was really hoping for them to fill out the actual guard range in plastic because many of the non-Cadian regiments (particularly Steel Legion) are quite popular. Oh well, I guess I will wait on Dreamforge to release the rest of their APCs variants.
    I agree. Beware the FW Hydra though as it is possible they may cease production on them with the new one available. They stopped making the FW Manticore after the GW plastic kit came out. Also, the barrels on the FW model are almost always terribly droopy or warped.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I agree. Beware the FW Hydra though as it is possible they may cease production on them with the new one available. They stopped making the FW Manticore after the GW plastic kit came out. Also, the barrels on the FW model are almost always terribly droopy or warped.
    Yes but when it was available you could get that kit and a Hydra platform and switch weapons between the two. Convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I already have two of the FW ones and the barrels on both were fine ...

I also have two platforms to be able to swap between them

Librarian

Salamander are not one use
    Fists are not one use
    raven guard are really not one use
    white scars are not one use and iron hands are not one use...
    forge world hapter tactics minus 1 chapter are not one use....

ultra marines are the only really one use them and the red hunters

i wish people would actually look at read a codex before they start to scream the sky is falling...
    there is no reason to believe IG will suddenly be full of one use skills or powers... i for one am excited and will wait to read the book digest the rules and then i will formulate my opinion.. I refuse to be a lemming and just go over the cliff with the rest of the interwebs like the rest of people. (look at tyranids.. suddenly after a few formation which boost model sales they beomes vicious)

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF ROMULOUS View Post
    Salamander are not one use
    Fists are not one use
    raven guard are really not one use
    white scars are not one use and iron hands are not one use...
    forge world hapter tactics minus 1 chapter are not one use....

ultra marines are the only really one use them and the red hunters

i wish people would actually look at read a codex before they start to scream the sky is falling...
    there is no reason to believe IG will suddenly be full of one use skills or powers... i for one am excited and will wait to read the book digest the rules and then i will formulate my opinion.. I refuse to be a lemming and just go over the cliff with the rest of the interwebs like the rest of people. (look at tyranids.. suddenly after a few formation which boost model sales they beomes vicious)
    You are missing the point which was to use an example for illustrative purpose of an ability which was unlimited use being moved to a 1 time use in a new edition.

Do I think they will do this? No, I never said so. But I am concerned that it COULD happen, and hope it will not. As I stated, IG infantry lists are not currently viable and hopefully they will be again.

Humorously enough, rules were not the primary focus of my original post, yet it is what has been blown out of proportion the most. The main point is that the models are not very appealing, a problem which has been shared by many other IG fans. Even if the rules are AMAZING, the models won't sell us and as several have stated, will only leave us buying from Raging Heroes, Victoria, or Dreamforge. GW does have monitors which peruse forums, I hope at least a little of this trickles up to them... if at least the sales figures do not.

Chaplain

stuff
    Let me know the next time you see an IG Infantry list win a GT, a local tourney, hell even a local league. Of course they are playable, they function, but do they do it well? No. For that matter, face a Tau infantry list against an IG infantry list and the Tau will win every time. That part of the codex is in sad need of updating. While I think it's fluffy that the only thing a platoon is good for is cannon fodder it is unfortunate for those who you see try to play these lists. Point for point every unit's role can be done by something else in the world of 40k, better and cheaper due to codex creep.

As for the models, I'm sorry my opinion and several others is different from yours. That is just how the world works, there's no reason to be rude about it.

Chaplain

... read through thread after thread of nothing but complaints gripes and general whinning on a grand sale over a minatures game...
    Oh, but I thought you had yet to see this large portion which does not like the new models. haha

As others have said, we know we can use other models, but we are disappointed in the new GW IG models (or lack of specific ones). Not sure why that doesn't sit well with you.

Chapter-Master

Yes because its so rude to not want to read through thread after thread of nothing but complaints gripes and general whinning on a grand sale over a minatures game...
    Insulting people for having their own opinion is rude, and just as importantly against forum rules. Chill out.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast