BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Is Codex Crimson Slaughter worth it?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Just what the Chaos doctor ordered!

44 59.46%
  • No - Move along, nothing to see here citizen...

30 40.54%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default crimson slaughter dex

So I have to ask...am I the only long time chaos player that is less then impressed with this supplement?

The new rules for possessed create a mean melee unit IF you can get them into melee without getting gunned down. The 3++ will definitely help that happen but with the state of the game these days I have to wonder how feasible they will be vs the heaviest shoot armies...especially with a squad of 10 unit ten clocking in at 260 points.

No new rules for helbrutes either...which is a shame since the new kit looks fantastic.

Like every other chaos player I know I would have much rather seen a legion book of some kind. It seems the typical gw attitude of f@#k chaos is still ever present... particularly after the current knight fiasco. (Crossing our fingers for a daemon Knight or some chaos usable variant)

Chaos players I'd very much like to hear your thoughts here...

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

eh, It has grown on me.

The new rolls for possessed help them with their biggest problem, which was alwasy how to get an expensive 2+ Sv model to combat, rhinos dont work this edition but beasts, shrouded or a 3++ help.

The only problem now is that once they get there they are a bit...meh, because they don't have the old "aggressive table"

the Hellbrute is coming in a dataslate, and depending on the rules boost they get and the numbers required for it, you ccould really start seeing them come back.
    Pure wishlisting, but if the slate give them Daemonforge, daemon, IWND in a choice of 2-5 dreads, you will start to see a LOT of them, partiularly because they wont be eating slots.

the warlord traits are no worse than ours, mostly better really, the only one thats a bit hairy is the FC/Rage one, IF you buy the relic that already give that....

The real meat of the list is the relics
    Divination (THANK CHRIST WOO HOOO!) so our sorcerers are finally a force to be recond with, 1Ksons players are also extatic as they can now run paired sorcerers (1 with relic, one with tzeentch mark) for all sorts of hillarious shenannnigans

the rest are pretty good, Dark apostles will be getting a HUGE buff out of this with the ability to buy them aritficer armour with IWND and a better crozius

so whether you just want a replacement for your black legion solar sorc, or actually want to try running a Dark apostle in a cultist swarm, the CS will let you do it.

the only drawback is you cannot Buy VotLW (note units that already have it are still eligible for purchase)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I really like the 2+/IWND option also. The relics are really good in this supplement, probably enough to ditch the Burning Brand in order to get them.

I actually did not know about the pending dataslate on helbrutes, The black library entry states "This dataslate presents detailed background for these unique Chaos war machines, and three new Helbrute Datasheet Formations, providing new ways to field your Helbrutes in games of Warhammer 40,000." Helbrutes need some basic rules revamping...a couple of extra add on rules for having multiples of them on the table would not be enough for me to invest in the new kits unless they were pretty outstanding add ons. Even if they did get Daemonforge, Daemon and IWND its still a walker and Crazed makes them too unreliable, the only saving grace is that they are relatively cheap point wise but for 50ish more points you could take a havoc squad kitted out and probably spew more death downfield with better range then a basic Helbrute.

We can win games with what we have....but I just don't see anything new coming anytime soon that would make me veer away from the killer nurgle list combos or flying circus lists that seem to annoy the hell out of anyone you throw them against for competitive play.

Chapter-Master

I think this is actually a pretty solid list, simply because it helps cover a lot of the weaknesses of the core CSM codex. Divination access alone is a huge deal. BTW, was there a relic weapon? I just so happen to be restarting my Khorne CSM army, and I'd definitely like a 2+ IWND Juggernaut Lord. If I have to stick to a Lightning Claw/Power Fist combo, so be it, but if they have a cool relic weapon I'll do that.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think this is actually a pretty solid list, simply because it helps cover a lot of the weaknesses of the core CSM codex. Divination access alone is a huge deal. BTW, was there a relic weapon? I just so happen to be restarting my Khorne CSM army, and I'd definitely like a 2+ IWND Juggernaut Lord. If I have to stick to a Lightning Claw/Power Fist combo, so be it, but if they have a cool relic weapon I'll do that.
    Yeah the relic sword is the one with the kill count.

at the end of each assualt phase figure out how many models have been killed over the course of the game

1=+1S, 3=Ap2, 5=+1S 10=ID

The instant death is pretty unlikely (except for a khornate jugger lord )

but the others boostsa are both good and achievable.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

I for one am very exited we just got a new player in a gaming group he was going to do iyanden and then saw teh dark vangane box set and heard about crimson slaughter and jumped at the chance. for me it means when we do campaigns i will actually have an ally to back up my world eaters and death guard companies finally...( we have a tson's player but he abandoned them this summer for the greater good... commy bast**d)

Brother-Sergeant

I'm excited and angry about the new artifacts. I'm excited they exist, are super fluffy, are useful and bring more builds to the table. But I'm angry THAT THEY WEREN'T IN THE MAIN CSM DEX IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! Tzeentch is the god of fate/time/prophecy and his sorcerers get access to Divination now? What?

Fly Lord

How could I not add a poll?

Come on guys - the OP was begging for one
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Chapter-Master

can we get some variance on the responce for that one bigred, I like the book. But there are other things I would have prefered and it doesn't solve ALL our problems

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast